Budweiser's "vintage" stubby bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomakana

Reaction score
Anyone know if the stubby bottles that Budweiser is packaging their new vintage beer in are twist off or pry off? Doubt I'll be a fan of the beer, but I like the bottles, and I'm thinking of getting a case for my father in law just to reuse the bottles - obviously if they're twist off, I won't bother. Haven't been able to get to a distributor to look at them in person yet. Thanks.

The beer is good. The bottles are twist-offs :(

If you want stubby bottles, see if your local Trader Joe's sells Full Sail "Session" beer. The black lager is really good. You need a bench capper to cap them; there's nothing for a winged capper to grab.

If you like ginger beer, seek out Bundaberg at stores like World Market. It comes in the Aussie grenades--pop tops. These are my new favorite bottles. But you'll need a bench capper, as the shoulders get in the way of wing cappers.

410IqDeBo2L._SY450_.jpg

If you like ginger beer, seek out Bundaberg at stores like World Market. It comes in the Aussie grenades--pop tops. These are my new favorite bottles. But you'll need a bench capper, as the shoulders get in the way of wing cappers.

410IqDeBo2L._SY450_.jpg

You can get this stuff at costco too. I love the stuff. Lots of calories though.

You can get this stuff at costco too. I love the stuff. Lots of calories though.

Didn't know it's at Costco. We let our membership go a few years ago, and haven't been there in a while. But my wife's office has an account and we can use that. Might have to check it out, as it's cheaper there than World Market.

We go through a lot of it. Good thirst-quencher and we make the occasional mule, too. Not as hot as the Jamaican varieties--just right. But yeah, 170 calories is a lot for just over 12 oz.

Thanks, all! Figured they'd be twist-offs - too bad. I'll keep an eye out for the others - didn't think the that wing cappers may have problems with the shape, but makes sense. May be my excuse to gift myself a bench capper this holiday season! I like the idea of have a set of unique bottle shapes.

Win-win! Get better bottles, and an excuse to buy some new gear. :D

Edit: Another source of stubbies is Red Stripe. Haven't had one of those in a long time, though remember it as being OK.

Any beer with the name, "1933 Repeal Reserve Amber Lager" with "6.1% ABV" in big bold letters would have to be twist-offs. No craft beer that stood simply upon the merits of taste and balance alone would need to employ such desperate appeals in their marketing strategy.

Any beer with the name, "1933 Repeal Reserve Amber Lager" with "6.1% ABV" in big bold letters would have to be twist-offs. No craft beer that stood simply upon the merits of taste and balance alone would need to employ such desperate appeals in their marketing strategy.

I agree, the label tries too hard. But the beer is good in spite of that.

Full Sail Session series beers also come in 11oz stubbies. Good beers and not expensive for a case.

Latest posts

Back