Bud Brew Master & Michelob Celebrate??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
has any one tried these?? don't get me wrong, i like good beer as well as the next home brewer but these caught my eye. i saw them on base here in germany so i just had to pick them up. any thoughts??? the bud brew masters private reserve it 8.5 % abv and the Michelob is 10% ABV

i'm such an idiot, i just saw the other post on this but i'd still like to know more about them, i have them in the fridge right now. being here in germany, i don't get any of the microbrewery beers that i love so much, thats why i grabbed em!! all i can get here that i like even a little is sam's boston lager(still don't like it that much) new castle and guinness draught(i'd rather have extra stout)

Hard to imagine you are in Beer Drinking Valhalla and can't find a good brew? I'm finding most of the microbrews lackluster though. Best advice is to create your own.

the german beer is ok, but i like some thing with a bit more hops and i don't think the germans use any!! LOL i can't taste em anyway. i've had many german brews but i prefer ales to the german lagers and pils.

justbrewit said:
i'm such an idiot, i just saw the other post on this but i'd still like to know more about them, i have them in the fridge right now. being here in germany, i don't get any of the microbrewery beers that i love so much, thats why i grabbed em!! all i can get here that i like even a little is sam's boston lager(still don't like it that much) new castle and guinness draught(i'd rather have extra stout)

God, what an idiot!!!!!

J/K man.....I've bought both....yet to try either of them...waiting for new years eve to try!!!!!!!!!

i tried the michelob last night. kind of reminded me a little of thomas hardys, but not quite as good. its pretty sweet, almost too sweet. i'll be trying the brew masters tonight and i'll give an update. if your thinking about buying the michelob, don't, its not worth it. how good can it be with a twist off cap anyway!! lol

I've had both.

The Budweiser Private Reserve surprised me with how light and smooth it was for the alcohol content. My buddy brought it over warm, and served it barely chilled. Nobody liked it at first.

The next day, fully chilled, I cracked it back open while I helped my girl's parents paint the inside of their new house. The last half of the bottle dissapeared in nothing flat, with rave reviews all around. I only got half a styrofoam cup full (only cups in the house, damnit!)

The Michelobe Celebrate, we've already gone through two bottles of. It's a nice batch for the holidays. The vanilla and oak actually work together quite well. The flavor is very complex and highly enjoyable. The glasses it comes with are a nice touch as well. My buddy dropped one on the floor, so we have to buy another bottle. Like we needed a reason...

The day is almost here.....I've been saving the Bud private reserve and the Celebrator for New Years.....I'm sure I'll be disappointed in both, but at least the bottles are cool. I can't wait to put a beer of my own in that huge Bud fliptop!!!

i haven't seen either of these beers in cleveland ohio any where...

but i do have great lakes brewery bottled beer all over the place. trouble is justifying to the wife i spent 12 bucks for twelve bottles to refill with my own ale....:D

i've had the butt-whipe brew-droid's reserve. so-so. had a kick, but was a little sweet. i can say i bought it for the bottle :~)

I just got two of the Budweiser for Christmas. One is in the frig now chilling for the games this afternoon. Cool bottles!

DeRoux's Broux said:
i've had the butt-whipe brew-droid's reserve. so-so. had a kick, but was a little sweet. i can say i bought it for the bottle :~)

Heh... brew-droid... I totally need to invent a brewing robot...

Did anyone notice the typo on the bud label? 1Qt/14.5 oz...... I drank that whole thing and it was more then 14.5 oz. :D

Back