Bud BBQ sauce...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well my grocery store swapped out my daughter's favorite BBQ sauce (Famous Dave's) with Budweiser BBQ sauce....what the hell is that? I guess they're jumping on the Jack Daniels band wagon...but I dunno.....maybe I'll find a free coupon somewhere....I ain't gonna pay for it....

Daves.gif

bud.jpg

I got a couple of bottles for a buck a piece, figured I'd give it a shot. It's not very good, maybe it's just my tastes and some people will absolutely love it, but I don't like it at all.

BMC BBQ sauce tastes like piss. Evan's law in 4 posts. i win!

If you put a Russian River to Stone sticker on it everyone is gonna love it. That sauce is not great by any means but far from piss! Btw... that stuff has been available for quite some time. Def not new

If you put a Russian River to Stone sticker on it everyone is gonna love it. That sauce is not great by any means but far from piss! Btw... that stuff has been available for quite some time. Def not new

Well, I saw the word Bud and just made an educated guess. :cross:

No doubt it's been around for awhile....just first time in my area..... Idunno....wife gets a cooooopin....I'll think about it... I'll try anything (almost......)at least once.

Just another silly marketing ploy. JD does the same thing. People love buying the brands they love and people are willing to pay the extra dollars for the name, more power to them.

go buy a book (Peace Love & BBQ, Smoke & Spice, Paul Kirks Championship BBQ Sauces, etc, etc) and start playing with the recipes. Adding more of what you like, less of what you don't....

Its kinda like beer, you get to create something that suites your tastes, you get to impress all of your friends with the fact that you can make something so good at home, and you don't have to be frustrated with crappy off the shelf junk.

I have developed several sauces (won first place state chicken last year :ban:) and am always looking for new ideas.

Back