Bubbles on inside of carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are bubbles (pictured) on the inside of one of my carboys. I dont remember ever seeing so many like these before.
There arent any cracks or defects I’m aware of.
My two thoughts are carbonation or leftover soap?

Attachments

• IMG_8730.jpeg
    IMG_8730.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Are you certain it's not the CO2 bubbles lifting trub and stuff from the bottom up to the top?

Sometimes or many times fermentations are wildly different in their behavior. So with clear FV's, you'll see some things you never have seen before each time you ferment.

Might be for some reason the stuff got stuck to the inside of the FV instead of completing their journey to the surface only to fall back down.

I've had the same bubbles a couple of times when I still used glass carboys.... I suspected a residue on the surface of retaining the CO2, but it did go away after a while and the beer was fine. Never did find out exactly what it was.
If you really want us to investigate: Tell us what you brewed and how you brewed it including how long it's been in the jug.
Really though; I'm 98% certain your beer's fine.
:mug:

Are you certain it's not the CO2 bubbles lifting trub and stuff from the bottom up to the top?

Sometimes or many times fermentations are wildly different in their behavior. So with clear FV's, you'll see some things you never have seen before each time you ferment.

Might be for some reason the stuff got stuck to the inside of the FV instead of completing their journey to the surface only to fall back down.
ok that makes alot of sense.

I've had the same bubbles a couple of times when I still used glass carboys.... I suspected a residue on the surface of retaining the CO2, but it did go away after a while and the beer was fine. Never did find out exactly what it was.
If you really want us to investigate: Tell us what you brewed and how you brewed it including how long it's been in the jug.
Really though; I'm 98% certain your beer's fine.
:mug:
It was my forth or fifth batch of banana wine that was in the must barrel for about 2 weeks. The bubbles are gone now. Maybe i introduced too much air when I was siphoning it into the carboys?

Back