Bubble size... will it change?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wing_nut

Reaction score
I am on batch #6 (I think) and was thinking about when I will see some consistent results. So far i have brewed a different style of beer, different kit makers... boil... no boil etc. So i guess i can't expect "consistent"

Anyway... to the question. Batch was bottled a bout a week ago and I tried one. Mainly because I left it in the primary for about 60 days. From what I've read that's OK. But was curious about if it was carbonating. It was fizzy, about half way between a beer and a soda. Will the texture get finer as it conditions?

Yes it changes a lot from one week to several.

If you're blowing a huge head and then tasting a flatter beer it means you're under carbed.

For natural carbing, 3 weeks is standard, and a lot of people say it is minimum.

Take notes on it now, notes on it in two weeks, and notes on it in three weeks and you'll understand what I mean.

Producing the c02 is just the start, absorption also needs to happen in order to get a smooth feeling carbonation.

Back