BRY- 97 yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno1981

Reaction score
I pitched this into a batch of black IPA that I brewed yesterday afternoon and there is little to no airlock activity. Does this strain take a little longer to get going? My last few batches I've used Nottingham and within 8 to12 hours its chugging vigorously.

I double pitched this into Arrogant Bastard clone few weeks back, I did rehydrate it per instruction (pitched into 90degree water and let sit for >15min's) and got VERY rigorous activity w/in 24hrs (was glad I did a blow off tube with this one!). Not sure if you dry pitched onto the wort or not, but I hear it can delay the activity for 24-48hrs. Might also make sure you have a tight seal on the lid?

I did rehydrate it. Lid is on tight as well. Just gonna wait it out for a day or so and see what happens. Thanks for the reply

It took about 48 hours but the air lock is bubbling like mad now. Big relief!

Nice....which Black IPA? I just purchased Alien Dog Imperial Stout (AHBS) and just got the Nottingham with it (will be double pitching again). Prob brew it in couple weeks.

Brewers Best India Black Ale. I've had a lot of luck with the past few and plan to do a couple more before trying all grain. Good luck with your stout!

Latest posts

Back