Brutus Paint...What color?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelikesit2000

Reaction score
I am almost done with the metal work on my single tier stand. I need to start thinking about paint. I would like to powder coat it but its just not in the budget at this time.

I can never get photos to show up so I will just tell you what I got.

Basically it your standard single tier stand. The twist is that I fabricated a "box" the entire length of the stand which will be home to the pumps, piping, valve bodies (using valves with bulkhead style handles(valve body hidden)), and electrical. I will make SS sheet to cover this so that all of the busy-ness is concealed. There will be a full length access panel to get to things. I am using kegs for my vessels.

So, what I need from you, the masses, is ideas on a color or colors.

Hammered finish turns out well on metal, sucks on any other material. If you ultimately want to powder coat it I would leave it bare metal so you don't have to sand it off (light coat of WD40 will keep it from rusting). Or you could do some d-bag hipster paint job and use it to to only brew PBR clones because you won't be conformist and drink commercial PBR :)

Back