Brutul--new toy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I see this advertised in All About beer a few months back, and I'm thinking Whoa! COOL!
lh.jpg

So I ordered one. First off, I ordered it Monday. It was in my mailbox Wednesday. Awesome.

So I can't wait to use it right? I grab a nice half pint of Lake Walk Pale Ale, a bottle of Guinness stout, and I slowly pour the Guinness over the LWPA:
brutul-firstBT.jpg

Beautiful. I have a black and tan spoon, it doesn't work nearly as easily as this. The turtle sits right on top of the pint glass and you pour slowly.
Sweet eh?

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with this product. I thought it was cool, then thought I'd share my coolness with my beer buds. ;)

That's sweet Orrelse! I saw that turtle a while back and didn't really think anything of it, but now that I see what a nice pour it makes I am definitely going to get one.

P.S. Cool pint glass too!! :cool:

Born Brewing Co. said:
That's sweet Orrelse! I saw that turtle a while back and didn't really think anything of it, but now that I see what a nice pour it makes I am definitely going to get one.

P.S. Cool pint glass too!! :cool:

LOL..thanks...I have the matching T-shirt too. Its a Dropkick Murphys thing. :D

The Brutul is going to get used alot. I love black and tans. I just can't wait to do it with my LWPA and a homebrewed stout. I agree, I was HIGHLY impressed with how nice that poured.

LOL..thanks...I have the matching T-shirt too. Its a Dropkick Murphys thing

lmao!

miller high life, the murphy's, i think we were seperated at birth... i've seen the murphy's in cleveland and pittsburg when they were touring with the business ten or so years ago...

DyerNeedOfBeer said:
Also, looks like the turtle mouth is a bottle opener?

It sure is.

t1master said:
lmao!

miller high life, the murphy's, i think we were seperated at birth... i've seen the murphy's in cleveland and pittsburg when they were touring with the business ten or so years ago...

I'm half tempted to go see them when they come to VA Beach on the Warped Tour....but I'm getting too cranky in my old age to deal with all of those punk kids running around an all-day event like that....
You like the new disc? I love it. Song #3 rules! :D

What's the difference between Guiness drought and stout? Is one preferrable for making a nice Black and Tan? The Guiness Drought mixed with my homebrew India Pale Ale into 1 dark beer...I drank it anyway, but I didn't have the 2 layers. I used a guiness spoon.

the regular bottle Guiness isn't the draught w/ the cool little widget-mathingy to give it the nice, thick creamy head. it's just like a regular bottled stout. the pint cans and funky Guiness bottles have the widgets.

You don't need the widget to make a good B&T, just patience. I've done it before with a guinness spoon. You just have to pour the stout REALLY slow. I haven't tried it with the turtle yet. Maybe tonight. I have a bottle of stout here without the widget. I'll post results. :p

Back