Brunwater for iMac?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfgrass

Reaction score
Hi.

I’m trying to find a water adjustment software since BS3 has been way off. Today I downloaded the bru water software for my Mac with use of its Numbers program. The Bru program is allowing me to enter field values, however there are no drop down windows or calculated totals. Can this be corrected, or is bru n water just not completely compatible with Apple? Thank you.

With the use of a Mac you have to use a 3rd part software. I use libra Office (free software)“https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download” on my Mac. I do run into glitches from time to time, such as the drop down windows get stuck, so I have to go to another page on the spreadsheet and then back to get it unstuck.

With the use of a Mac you have to use a 3rd part software. I use libra Office (free software)“https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download” on my Mac. I do run into glitches from time to time, such as the drop down windows get stuck, so I have to go to another page on the spreadsheet and then back to get it unstuck.
Downloaded and working great. Thank you. Any idea if there is an input for chlorinated water? I use k-meta to de-chlorinate and I don’t know if that has an effect on the brew water Ph.

That I’m not sure if there is, and if it does. I’m still learning water myself.

I found my answer from a page in bru n water. It said that it wouldn’t cause a problem with the water profile. Sodium metabisulphite would obviously add Na to the water and change things if that were used to remove chlorine.

I ended up having to add bicarbonates to increase the RA for my stout water. I just don’t know if. Should add it to the boil kettle or not.

Last edited:
all additives are supposed to be added to your mash and sparge water. If you are a BIABer, then it would be all added to your mash water.

all additives are supposed to be added to your mash and sparge water. If you are a BIABer, then it would be all added to your mash water.

My question should have asked more specifically about sparge water and RA. I ask because the Bru N Water software doesn’t recommend adding baking soda or pickling lime to the HLT and suggests adding it to the BK if needed. What should the ph and alkalinity be like in a boil? Wondering if there is a need for me to test. Thanks.

Back