Bru'n Water sparge dillution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlash630

Reaction score
SmartSelect_20200325-160228_Excel.jpg
SmartSelect_20200325-193815_Excel.jpg
SmartSelect_20200325-193904_Excel.jpg
Good evening everyone,

I am working up a recipe for a wee heavy that I'd like to brew this weekend. My tap water is not conducive for brewing (Joliet IL), so my intention is to dilute 60% with distilled water. I am new to Bru'n Water and this is going to bey first time utilizing a dillution. I have everything entered and I have the dillution set for 60%, it did a great job of calculating the mash pH & salt additions as well as the salt/acid additions f sparge. I just fell that I should be diluting the sparge with 60%.. however, the software does not appear to be calculating that nor does it give me a spot to include it and adjust accordingly.

What should I do, am I missing something here?
SmartSelect_20200325-160228_Excel.jpg

That's a very old version of the software. More recent versions (current is 5.5) allow you to select separate sparge water source and dilution on the sparge acidification page.

That's a very old version of the software. More recent versions (current is 5.5) allow you to select separate sparge water source and dilution on the sparge acidification page.

Thank you!

I did a little reading on Martins site, and noticed that i can receive the newest edition by donating.

I would consider this money well spent

Does it take a few days to get the newest (paid version)? O have not seen anything come through? I really need this by tomorrow....

Thanks

Latest posts

Back