bru'n water currently marked as restricted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgallo

Instagram: bantam_brews
Reaction score
hey folks, I've been using Bru'n water for probably the past 3 years. last week we needed to back up the laptop so i needed to reinstall the program. i can not click on or edit any of the tabs\cells in the work book. It is currently set as restricted and is asking for a password. Does anyone know how I would go about geting permission to access these sheets. I do not recall haing anyissues like this when I originally downloaded it,

I'm not a computer guy by any means but I recall having to do something that had to do with macro or something like that . Its been a while if I get a chance ill pull mine up . I use mine on Libreoffice

As far as I know all the cells outside of input cells have always been locked. If your version was unlocked.... you probably did it yourself at some point😇. I know I unlocked mine to add SMB calculations for LODO brewing and to add a Macro that uses solver to automatically calculate mineral and acid additions.

To give you a better idea. When I attempt to add my own water Profile, for example calcium which is 61 when and when I hit enter it says “
As far as I know all the cells outside of input cells have always been locked. If your version was unlocked.... you probably did it yourself at some point😇. I know I unlocked mine to add SMB calculations for LODO brewing and to add a Macro that uses solver to automatically calculate mineral and acid additions.
it’s the input cell that I’m unable to alter. Unable to change the ppm of input profile

0765990F-99DD-4C33-A767-C5D171B87F75.jpeg

[Removed content related to deleted previous posts -Mod]

@Dgallo I wonder if we can treat the problem rather than the symptoms. What version of Excel are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s the latest excel. I’ve downloaded it on another computer and the same thing is happening. I think the current download link is protected. Maybe I need to donate and get the other version

It’s the latest excel. I’ve downloaded it on another computer and the same thing is happening. I think the current download link is protected. Maybe I need to donate and get the other version

I just pull down the Free Version and tested on 365 and 2019 and both work fine.

Back