Bru 'n Water question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jafo28

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my water report and started playing with bru 'n water. In the water adjustments tab it says when values are within 5ppm the cell will turn green. Mine does not. The values change when making adjustments though. I'm wondering if this is just an excel issue? I'm running excel for Mac 2011 version 14.1.4.

Hmm?? It does appear that the conditional formatting for the cells is not working under Excel for Mac. You might try LibreOffice to see if that performs better.

Just got my water report and started playing with bru 'n water. In the water adjustments tab it says when values are within 5ppm the cell will turn green. Mine does not. The values change when making adjustments though. I'm wondering if this is just an excel issue? I'm running excel for Mac 2011 version 14.1.4.

Same here: cells don't change color, but do change value. Running Excel on Windows X. No biggie.

Hmm?? It does appear that the conditional formatting for the cells is not working under Excel for Mac. You might try LibreOffice to see if that performs better.

fwi, I tried the latest LibreOffice Calc with macros enabled and it seems to work the same as on Excel 2007 on Windows. The individual cells don't turn green.
I always thought that was a Supporters version feature...

Cheers!

Oops! I see that I failed to alter the comments for the cells that are titled: Target Finished Water Adjustment (ppm) and Actual Finished Water Adjustment (ppm). Those comments say that the cells in those rows are supposed to turn Red or Green, but that feature isn't available in the free version. Sorry about that!

I see that the comments for those cells will need to be corrected in the next update of the free version.

Latest posts

Back