Brrrrrr..... thank god for beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smccarter

Reaction score
Man it's cold out there tonight, so I guess I'll just stay inside and drink a few.

I moved to Florida to get away from this freaking weather. Thank goodness it'll be over in 2 days. Highs in the lower 30's today. Forecasted high tomorrow in the lower 30's again... Luckily I live in the sub-tropics, so by the end of the week we'll be back in the 60's.

hey SMC
my parents are in FT Walton, they are freezing their tits off today
I feel for you, I can remember a few days of 45 degree weather when I was a kid back there, but 30 is down right frigid when you are not used to it.
oh well, must be global warming

For the life of me I don't understand why people inhabit locations farther than about 35 degrees North. In west TN, I am on the northern fringe of where I could tolerate living.

Cold? I think I am going to have to go outside for some sunbathing. You have to work pretty hard to maintain this pasty-white complexion of mine.
Maybe that should be called snowbathing, who knows.

I hear they call it The Graveyard Tan.

There's things to do in winter, like snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, ice fishing, rabbit hunting, etc. you know, those things that I used to enjoy when I was young...

Winter is funny like that. Cold weather, snow... etc. It's funny to listen to the media. They all sound so astonsihed that an arctic air mass has moved south over the United States. I think.. historically... That's what has always happened during the Winter months. I may be mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but... winter is usually a cold time of the year.

I'm looking out my window. I have a number of very large oak trees and the ice is melting this morning. The skies are clear, but with all of the ice melting, it looks like it's raining. I'm seeing an occasional piece of ice fall from the roof as well.

I am a former weather forecaster. Trained in the Air Force. If you'd like me to explain what is happening with the atmosphere, and how global warming IS the issue, please.... just let me know.

In the mean time, let's drink more beer.

So you are a guesser? No offence or anything, but... yaknow you have a cushy job when your job description is essentially an educated guess

I keed I keed.

As Ollie would say

40301559.jpg

Yeah, yeah...it's cold

What is getting to me is the cost of heat. I'll probably use around 900-1000 gallons of fuel oil this season. At $3.49 a gallon, which is a good price around here right now, that's close to 4 grand a winter to stay warm when you factor in furnace cleaning and the usual break down/service call during the coldest nights.

I'll admit, if it gets any colder here in Tampa, I'll have to turn on the heat. It's been in the low 60s inside these past few mornings! Luckily, it'll be in the 80s next week. Whew, it was a rough winter for a few days there.

tampaweather_zps5f869ebd.jpg

I'll admit, if it gets any colder here in Tampa, I'll have to turn on the heat. It's been in the low 60s inside these past few mornings! Luckily, it'll be in the 80s next week. Whew, it was a rough winter for a few days there.

I know, right? It damn near got about freezing here this weekend!

Back