Brotherly competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livewir

Reaction score
So my brother drove down from Chicago last weekend to help brew up a brown ale and dry stout extract batches. Well, lets just say that the bug bit him hard! On Monday he emailed me a laundry list of questions about mash tuns and kettles?!

Needless to say he is joining our ranks, and going straight to all grain. Not only that, he has decided that 5gallon batches are too small and is going to ten gallon! Me being the younger brother can't be having that! so Wednesday I ordered all the parts I needed for a mash tun and a new 10gallon kettle.

Thinking this was the end of it until we both get our new systems up and running.

He emailed me this.
70-dsc-0001.jpg

He built us both counterflow chillers!

I think this is going to be a fun competition.

Thats great! I loved it when my brother was brewing. It gave me someone to bounce my stupid ideas off of. Now I just post them on this forum. ;)

Unfortunately he moved onto other interests and gave it up. But lately, he's been impressed with some of my results. I'm hoping he'll catch the brewing bug again.

Totally awesome! It is great to have a brother who shares the same intrests as you, especially if it means a counterflow chiller!!

Awesome! I bought my brother a carboy and some other assorted extras 'cause he makes redneck wine (peaches, pears, wild grapes and bread yeast). He's brewed with me once or twice, but it'd be nice if he got into brewing beer. Congrats on getting another one hooked!

Yeah, I'm sticking to 5 Gallon batches for the time being, I couldn't let him jump to all grain before me, considering I've been doing this for 2 years!

Back