Brooklyn Brew Shop kits any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak to the Brooklyn Brew Shop kit but I will say that Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew have good starter kits. 1 gallon batches are pretty small but aren't a bad way to start and see if you like brewing. 5 gallon starter kits can be had just about anywhere are are usually pretty complete. 5 gallons makes about 2 cases of beer and I find it to be the prefect amount for sharing. If space is a concern then there are quite a few people who do 1 or 3 gallon batches.

I just looked at the site. It is small batch all grain brewing. It seems like it would be a great way to start to see if you enjoy brewing.

It would also be a good way to try different styles to see what you enjoy.

There is not much equipment investment and most of what you get would be useful if you expand your brewing.

EDIT: I went back and they have a really small selection of styles but if one looks good it would be a good way to experiment.

Look at Northern Brewer, Austin Homebrew Supply, Morebeer, Midwest Supplies for more information and starter kits.

Its a great way to test the waters of brewing...its where I started. You can find the kits on sale in some stores and its literally cheaper than the equipment, let alone the ingredients. Will you make amazing beer? No. Put you'll see if its something you like and go from there. Great for small places. Search the threads, there are several discussions of BBS on here.

Back