Broken Regulator? foamy and fast pours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33rL0v3r

Reaction score
Hi,

So I just bought a new kegerator and right now I only have a commercial keg tapped (moving to corny as soon as i can afford the upgrade). I just bought a new coupler and the beer is flowing normal out of the keg, but coming out very fast, sometimes it hiccups and 3/4 of the glass is foam. I tried turning the regulator down to as low as 2psi, but whenever its on, the beer jets out. The only way to slow it down is to apply some pressure, turn the tank off, purge a little. Then it comes out nice and slow and not foamy.

Ideas of whats wrong? I have a new regulator on the way, so if thats the problem it should be fixed soon. I just want to know what i might be doing wrong. Isnt 8psi the proper serving pressure?

PS one thing to note is that on the brand new keg, i turned the PSI up for about 30 seconds to test the gauge, then I removed the tap and left town for the holiday for 4 days. So the keg was exposed to high pressure around 25psi, but only for 30 seconds and then the line removed. Could this be my problem?

Thanks so much!

99% of foaming problems can be solved by replacing the beer line with 12' of 3/16ths tubing.

Back