Brewzilla 65l - Beersmith equipment profile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panderson1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to copy or import someone elses profile? I realize i'll need to measure my evaporation rate. It would be cool if there was a template.

edit: Well i searched it the recipe cloud and thankfull someone name thier beer under "Brewzilla". We'll see how this goes.

edit: you should be able to download the profile as a .bsm file and copy and paste it. @highland_brewer sent me his for the Brewzilla and I modified as needed.

Here is what I use:

Attachments

• 1EE153E5-B129-42E7-9329-11B7F41785DB.png
    1EE153E5-B129-42E7-9329-11B7F41785DB.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 676069E1-6209-444E-9D59-41CD0AA0C6F5.png
    676069E1-6209-444E-9D59-41CD0AA0C6F5.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 160
  • E4BB9B12-CA0B-4540-A1DF-9921D45B7AE8.png
    E4BB9B12-CA0B-4540-A1DF-9921D45B7AE8.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 54CBBD51-DC39-4A78-B637-E2809EAD1A70.png
    54CBBD51-DC39-4A78-B637-E2809EAD1A70.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 122
Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm flabbergasted by the amount of water needed for mash and sparge on beersmith .

I have everything set up . However when I click on mash profile it tells me I need 154 gallons of water. Way too much for 110.5 # of grain . Am I looking in the wrong section ?

I figure I'm better off just multiplying 1.25 qts x lbs of grain for water amount.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm flabbergasted by the amount of water needed for mash and sparge on beersmith .

I have everything set up . However when I click on mash profile it tells me I need 154 gallons of water. Way too much for 110.5 # of grain . Am I looking in the wrong section ?

I figure I'm better off just multiplying 1.25 qts x lbs of grain for water amount.

It sounds as if there is a checkbox somewhere in either your equipment or mash profile that shouldn't be checked. Shout out to @Oginme here or on the Beersmith forum. If anyone can trace the issue for you he can.

Is there an easy way to copy or import someone elses profile? I realize i'll need to measure my evaporation rate. It would be cool if there was a template.

edit: Well i searched it the recipe cloud and thankfull someone name thier beer under "Brewzilla". We'll see how this goes.

You will need to do a little more than measure the evaporation rate to get an accurate equipment profile. Use the one your found on the cloud as a foundation for building your own but I wouldn't use it without tailoring it to my personal process. This video is one of the best tutorials to help you get the best from your brew days by creating a custom fit equipment profile...

It really depends upon the set up of your equipment profile (dead space in mash tun), water to grain ratio (mash profile), and your water absorbed into the grain (advanced option settings). Quick calculation indicates that you are adding 5.6 qts/lb of grain which is pretty much a full volume mash. You may also want to check your selected mash profile and make sure it is not set to 'BIAB with full volume mash'.

For more specific details, posting your equipment and mash profiles may give further insight.

It really depends upon the set up of your equipment profile (dead space in mash tun), water to grain ratio (mash profile), and your water absorbed into the grain (advanced option settings). Quick calculation indicates that you are adding 5.6 qts/lb of grain which is pretty much a full volume mash. You may also want to check your selected mash profile and make sure it is not set to 'BIAB with full volume mash'.

For more specific details, posting your equipment and mash profiles may give further insight.

Ok ill post a different thread . Thanks 😊

Back