Brewtronix 50A GFCI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First, I apologize if this or a similar thread has already been created.

I've settled on the new Brewtronix rhaspberry pi based controller for my setup. I'm powering it from my range top outlet which is (if not obvious) 240V 50A.

I know I should use a 50A GFCI breaker and I'm looking at spa panels, I guess my question is, should it be single phase? 2 phase? What are specifics of the breaker I should be looking for?

Cheers.

So 2 pole, single phase? That's all I'm looking for is the info. I'm live in Canada. No Lowes here. I need this info because the cheapest you can get these things, even at Home Depot is like $200, $150 some other places. Not super cheap. Does it matter if it's single phase or is this important?

Single phase two pole. The Eaton CH are the cheapest in the states, they run $55 or so. Honestly if I were Canadian and you couldn't swing less than $150 I would consider a weekend trip to the states...

Single phase two pole. The Eaton CH are the cheapest in the states, they run $55 or so. Honestly if I were Canadian and you couldn't swing less than $150 I would consider a weekend trip to the states...

I live 10 minutes from the border and the last time I was in the electric isle at the home depot there was a couple from canada buying stuff... your wire is rated differently and your codes are different there so ive read.

you can always buy one from ebay like from this seller who ships to canada...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eaton-Cutle...R50SPA-GFCI-/111735964774?hash=item1a03fb8466

or if you just need the breaker...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MURRAY-SIEM...eaker-QF250-/161841670854?hash=item25ae83eac6

Our wire is rated differently? Are you on British wire gauge standards? If you are looking for CSA instead of UL approval then probably you will need to buy in Canada (I will have to look at my spa panel). But if you are wanting not to get electrocuted then an American spa panel will work as fine for that as a Canadian one....

Our wire is rated differently? Are you on British wire gauge standards? If you are looking for CSA instead of UL approval then probably you will need to buy in Canada (I will have to look at my spa panel). But if you are wanting not to get electrocuted then an American spa panel will work as fine for that as a Canadian one....

sorry.. mis typed... I meant the codes are different in canada and the rating are too from what the guy at the home depot was saying...

Back