Brewstand planning: Burners vs. Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicadrick

Reaction score
I am currently moving a single BG10 burner with a 10psi regulator back and forth (HLT <-> BK) as needed during my brew day. This for obvious reasons is getting old.

Planning on building a proper direct fired RIMS brewstand using 2 more of the same burners.

How much more regulator do I need?

I plan on hard piping the burners (each with its own control valve) and don't expect to have more than 2 burners lit at any one time. (I think)

The current setup gets to a boil reasonably quick at full on 10PSI regulator. The burner spec says that it can be driven with a 20psi reg for more BTUs. This makes sense for HLT and BK, not necessarily for the recirc'd MLT. (No need for you electric guys to chime in here :cross:)

Any advice on this is welcome! Pics of your similar setup would be nice as well.

Thanks!

If you are worried about it, go big and control the flow with ball valves. I use a 20psi on my 3 burner stand, but I doubt I ever use all 20.

Back