Brewpot Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mew

Reaction score
I just bought an outdoor burner and now I need a brewpot to go with it. I'm putting my AG system together in a piecemeal fashion. How big is big enough for a five gallon system, and how much would this cost? I've been on craig'slist and found nothing so far, so any suggestions on where to buy said pot would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm ordering the 80 qt from Northern while they have $5.99 shipping. Can then do ten gallon batches without boil-overs. That's my last piece of equipment needed for larger batches. It's hard work keeping a five tap freezerator full when you and your friends like your product.

You'll love the 80 quart for 10 gallons. I have two of them and it makes the larger batches a breeze. I've never done a five gallon batch, but I can't imagine that it would be that much less work than 10 when you have the pots for it.

Keep lookin on Craigslist....the CL down here normally sux but I found a restraunt that was bought and being turned into a coffee shop

I picked up a 60Qt pot for $20

Sea said:
Have you considered a keggle?

I don't have the equipment or knowledge to do much modifying of kegs, so I haven't considered t an option.

mew said:
I don't have the equipment or knowledge to do much modifying of kegs, so I haven't considered t an option.

I didn't either, but a $20 angle grinder, 4 thin cut off blades, and a $29 step bit an I did it. Not difficult.

check ebay. i got my brewpot there. for me the price was right, with a welded SS spigot and brewer's gauge on the front. 9gallons, but I have no desire to go above 5gal batches.

Get as big a pot as you can.Someday you might want to do bigger batches.We're doing 12 gal batches in a 15 gal pot(boiling 13.5-14 gals)with no room to spare.
Cheers:mug:

Back