Brewpot question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
I need to get a better pot for my next batch and am looking for a little advise. So far, I've only brewed a simple extract kit from my lhbs, but I'm hoping to advance to AG as I gain more experience.

I'm thinking about getting a 24 quart stainless steel stock pot, but I'm wondering if I should go a little bigger so that it's still useful down the line. Any advise? Links to good deals are welcome too!

From what I have read here, if you want to do full boils 24 wont be big enough. 30 sounds as about as small as you ever want to think about and thats pretty small. I actually use two pots in the 24 quart range for the AGs I've done. I dont want to do full boils and want to stay in my kitchen which is why I dont have a very large brewkettle.

Bigger is better. I have a 30 qt. (7.5 gal) that came with the turkey fryer, but it is a little too small. I can only really boil 6 gallons in it without major threat of boil over. For a full all-grain brew I would reccomend nothing smaller than a 32 qt. pot. Mine works, but I have to use another, smaller pot to collect the full amount of wort. Get a bigger one and it will be the only one you need, full boil or partial extract.

Back