Brewmometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
I was planning on ordering a Blichmann Brewmometer from AHS until I searched it here and saw some disappointing reviews. Was there a bad batch at some point and now they're fixed or is it a" hit or miss" product?

I've been nothing but happy with mine. I have heard people having issues with the version that tilts though, but I believe that has been resolved.

I have three of them in use and I am happy with them all. A month or so after I bought them the trim ring came off of one of them and the glass fell on my garage floor and broke. I sent an e-mail to Blichman to get a new piece of glass ( thought I could just replace the glass and slip on the trim ring). Gut at Blichman said the trim ring was not supposed to come off sent me a brand new thermometer in the mail.

I'm quite pleased with the two on my Boilermakers. I did have to calibrate them after installing them and adjusting the faces upward a bit, but they're dead nuts on the mark between 65°F and 212°F...

Cheers!

Back