Brewmation's 7bbl advanced control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
Thought y'all would like to see this bad boy. 200 amps at 208 volts, three phase. It's a monster. I have no idea how my electrician is going to get it on the wall, but that's why I'm paying him, right? :)

IMG_20150428_162457.jpg

20150428_172442.jpg

IMG_20150428_163647.jpg

Awesome setup, looks like they do really clean work.

It's strange they chose to use outlets. You could have saved hundreds of dollars in parts by hardwiring your system in. It's not like you're going to pull your kettle to the sink to rinse it.

What are the VFD's for?

Awesome setup, looks like they do really clean work.

It's strange they chose to use outlets. You could have saved hundreds of dollars in parts by hardwiring your system in. It's not like you're going to pull your kettle to the sink to rinse it.

What are the VFD's for?

I know nothing about this system, but are the elements removable from the kettle? If so, then they should be easily removable from the panel, that way if they need cleaned or replaced, then you dont have to deal with rewiring.

Sweet. The panel looks like the panels I make for the plastic extrusion industry. I guess it's the same concept.

Several hundred dollars? I don't think that is a big deal once you price out a brewmation panel... They are nice. I've seen them in action in a 3bbl nano. Definitely worth the $$$ if you have the startup budget.

Thanks for sharing!

Got several more huge boxes in today. The heating elements are INSANE. 15kW:

element.jpg

I was driving the little pump cart all over the brewery. I was surprised to see it has a VFD--I'm not used to a variable speed pump.

cart.jpg

This is the glycol control panel. It attaches to the main panel with a CAT5 cable.

glycol.jpg

Box o' pumps. The ones on the ends are centrifugal, the ones in the middle are peristaltic.

pumps.jpg

Here's the ginormous RIMS tube.

rims.jpg

And the sparge arm.

sparge_arm.jpg

Hi guys! Sorry I lost track of this thread.

The pumps all came as part of the turnkey kit from Stout Kettles. They are part of the electronics and controls package part of the kit, which is supplied by Brewmation.

Incidentally, the brewery is up and running now. I've done 6 batches on the system so far and could not be happier. Here's the whole system in action:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBvG_grLhTI&list=PL40E4AD2CB05794A0&index=33[/ame]

Back