Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an order still pending from the 23rd. Granted that was the busiest shopping day of the year. I emailed them about it on Wednesday the 28th and was told it would ship out by Friday the 30th. Low and behold it's still pending this morning 12-3.

I understand it being super busy and a giant influx of orders, but don't email me and say "it'll ship out friday" and then not get it on the road.

Slow processing of orders from MoreBeer used to be my only complaint with them — they've improved greatly on that problem over the past year and still have free shipping on orders of $60 or more. Can't beat that. It appears that Brewmasters may be going in the opposite direction. I have used BMW for a few items in the past, and had no issues with the products or delivery. I may be more cautious about going that route in the future if the negative comments about them keep arising. It appears that the problems are not just isolated incidents.

I stopped using BMW early this year when every order I (or anyone else in our homebrew club) placed had something out of stock. It seemed about 50/50 whether they'd let you know about it or not. I've long since moved on, and I think most everyone around my area has done the same. Too many other options out there.

+1
They used to be good. but in the past 6 months or so they have either screwed up my order, took a long time to ship or items were out of stock. Once in a while I can understand, but when almost every order has a problem, that's unacceptable. I'm going elsewhere until they start improving.

Just to update - Order placed on 11-24. Waited nicely for my order to change from pending to shipped. (this is after they already bill you, send you no confirmation email, reciept, nothing.) Finally emailed them the 28th asking if they were backed up and asked when my order would ship. Return email on 11-29 says it'll ship by the end of the week. Sunday 12-2 still says pending. I get an email today 12-4, "oh sorry we are out of 3 grains you need and Safale 05". (really?? out of US05???) That would have been helpful a week ago. Also there was a temp controller on this order as well.

Meanwhile, Sunday night 12-2, i placed same grain order w/temp controller at Northern Brewer, and BOOM! I've get an order confirm #, reciept, and tracking number all by Monday morning. It'll be here today, Tuesday 12-4.

Long story short i'm cancelling my order, and most likely staying away from BMW for now. I should easily have recieved the email about out of stock items long before 9 days after my order was placed.

I have used BMW twice for large orders. Since I order for several batches at once, the shipping they have is great. The first time they were out of Notty and upgraded to us-05 for me via a phone call. Second time no issues either, and fast shipping. I'll be using them again in the future.

I've had very good experiences with them in the past but as of my last couple of orders they have been very slow to ship and are usually out of certain items in my order. I'm probably going to start using someone else as well, until they get the staff they need to improve their shipping times.

My order from 11-26 is also still pending. 2 emails sent to them, one saying it would ship late last week, latest one saying between monday and wednesday of this week. Would have been nice to get a call about the US-05 issue, as i have that in my order as well.. Looks like i should give them a call or something..

My order from 11-26 is also still pending. 2 emails sent to them, one saying it would ship late last week, latest one saying between monday and wednesday of this week. Would have been nice to get a call about the US-05 issue, as i have that in my order as well.. Looks like i should give them a call or something..

Same boat except I didn't order US05 and they haven't responding to either of the emails I have sent. I Called them to find out it "may" ship out today or tomorrow. The last order I placed I had to call them up after a week to find out something was out of stock and I had to argue with them to get them to ship it without the item (A siphon). It arrived with the item 9 days after ordering, then 2 weeks later (I would of had to wait 23 days after ordering, which in 2 years of shopping at BMW still would not have broken the 26 day record because they "misplaced" my order and didn't send it out) the "out of stock" item arrived. At least they told me to keep it when I called about it.

So yeah, other than extended wait times, lack of communication they are great. Excellent selection, excellent crush and it gets here fast once it gets onto the truck. I liked them so much I actually planned my brew days around the average 9 days it took to get an order so I would order Monday morning at 5am before work, have it Wednesday/Thursday next week and brew Saturday. I am going to look at Farmhouse for grains next shot because I'm almost out of hops.

Edit:

Just wondering who used flat rate vs. the next option up in shipping for those that ordered over Thanksgiving weekend.

Thank you for your recent order from Brewmasters Warehouse. This email is to inform you that there is an out of stock item in your order that may cause a delay in shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

The item(s) that are out of stock are:

SAFALE US-05 American Ale this item should be back in stock mid to late this week.

We can send the rest of your order to you, and send the out of stock item when it comes back in stock, substitute the item if possible or hold the entire order until it is complete. Please let us know what you would like to do.

Great. Looks like im not brewing this weekend, AGAIN! I ordered on 11-26.. and im just now getting an email for out of stock? I mean come one.. Guess i'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

Great. Looks like im not brewing this weekend, AGAIN! I ordered on 11-26.. and im just now getting an email for out of stock? I mean come one.. Guess i'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

I just got the same email.

I ordered at exactly midnight for their Cyber Monday sale.

I just got the same email.

I ordered at exactly midnight for their Cyber Monday sale.

It'd be one thing if they mentioned something in the 2 emails i sent to them about, say, "oh your yeast is out of stock and thats why it is taking forever" but to just ignore my questions about my items being in stock is just not cool.

It'd be one thing if they mentioned something in the 2 emails i sent to them about, say, "oh your yeast is out of stock and thats why it is taking forever" but to just ignore my questions about my items being in stock is just not cool.

I sent an inquiry yesterday and got a pretty quick reply that my order would be taken care of today. No mention of the yeast.

I asked that they just send the order and cancel the yeast, I can pick that up for the same price anywhere.

I sent an inquiry yesterday and got a pretty quick reply that my order would be taken care of today. No mention of the yeast.

I asked that they just send the order and cancel the yeast, I can pick that up for the same price anywhere.

I just asked them to replace mine with Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast Ale Yeast, its an experimental brew anyway so.. but i also mentioned if they cant do that then to nix the yeast and i'll drive 2 hours to get some from the LHBS

And they are out of stock of Calcium Chloride. I wonder if they would have gotten to the order if I didn't email and call.

"Pending" for a week now with no contact stating why. I added US-05 at the last minute as a backup in case my yeast harvest didn't work out. Looks like that was a bad move.

My last order a 3/8" valve was holding up the order. I told them to ship it without the valve. They did, but charged me for the valve anyway.

I'm taking my business elsewhere.

I ordered a crankandstein grain mill from them last week and after being pending for 7 days I emailed them and I got a reply saying they are out of stock and will get more in 2 weeks. I think it's very unprofessional the way they handle their orders. We should automatically be notified if we order an out of stock item.

Guys, the owner of BMW posted earlier in this thread with his contact info. He's probably already aware of what's going on, but on the off chance that he isn't, it might prove illuminating if everyone experiencing these troubles calls him up directly, as he described in that post, and lets him know just how displeased they are with the recent response times and lack of communication they've been seeing. Can't hurt at least.

I ordered milled grain and some hops from them on Sunday. As of Tuesday, the order was still pending so I sent them an email asking when it would be shipped because I was hoping to brew this upcoming weekend. I received a response a short while after stating that they were backed up due to the busy season, but will do their best to get the shipment out that night or the next day. I just received confirmation that it went out that night. Little things like that keep me coming back... they have my business.

I got an email saying they would make the swap on my yeast and ship out my stuff today. I'm very happy to have the quick response from them and happy my order is getting shipped today. I'll probably stay with them for another few orders and see if it was just because of that busy week, and if things slow down they improve their processing time.

You should email them, any time my order is taking awhile that's what I do. They don't seem to have the best order management system in place, but if you talk to them things usually start happening fairly quickly.

I am usually disappointed by how long things take to ship, but I understand this is a busy season, and every time I order I manage to pick something that's out of stock. I just need to start planning my brews a couple weeks in advance.

I have e-mailed them several times. They are very courtious and say that it will be shipped the following week. I still havn't gotten it and it is now over a month. Still says "Pending". Moving on.

I'm never ordering there again until the product page states whether or not an item is in stock. I got totally screwed outta my last batch of the year because of them.

I submitted an order back on Nov 6th for a couple small keg parts ( swivel nuts, clamps, etc ). Card was charged on Nov 7th and order is still pending. An email just went out to cancel the order, especially with their notices about their Cyber Monday sale going to cause shipping delays.

So I will give them some credit. Shortly after my cancel email went out, I received an email saying they would cancel the order, or they could ship what the had in stock. since it was only a couple swivel nuts they didn't have, I opted for that choice and the refunded the difference. The items arrived at my house a coupe days later and the refund was processed a day or so later.

That said, I feel this whole situation could have been avoided if their website reflected out of stock items, or at least an email with details about what was out of stock so a decision could have been made earlier.

I have highly recommended BMW in the past, but without knowing the inner workerings of what is happening there, I will probably not order much from them until a time it seems like they have things ironed out. Hopefully this will be soon.

Looking for some info on Brewmasters. I have been brewing for about a year, and I have bought extract kits from Midwestern and Austin. I am wondering how reliable the recipes for extract kits are on the recipe page. Most of the recipes don't have any review written for them and I am not experienced enough to know what each grain and hop does individualy. thoughts or Opinions?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Knkbrand said:
Looking for some info on Brewmasters. I have been brewing for about a year, and I have bought extract kits from Midwestern and Austin. I am wondering how reliable the recipes for extract kits are on the recipe page. Most of the recipes don't have any review written for them and I am not experienced enough to know what each grain and hop does individualy. thoughts or Opinions?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

I highly recommend finding an extract version of a HBT recipe if you aren't sure. Then you can just read through the thread and see what people had to say about it. There are tons of HBT recipes available on Brewmaster's.

I highly recommend finding an extract version of a HBT recipe if you aren't sure. Then you can just read through the thread and see what people had to say about it. There are tons of HBT recipes available on Brewmaster's.

I think that's the way to go.

Also FWIW, the S05 was back in stock today. My order shipped out with the S05.

I don't think a week and a couple days is terrible given the super crazy holiday ordering, and they were responsive to emails. I did get a little concerned but it won't deter me from using them in the future.

I like BMW. I deal with their inventory issues by calling them right after entering an order online. This is annoying and I hope they upgrade the site soon to fix that issue as promised.

Also, it seems like most of the inventory issues are with equipment. When they have an ingredient out of stock it seems to usually be back in stock in a few days.

I now order equipment elsewhere.

I like BMW. I deal with their inventory issues by calling them right after entering an order online. This is annoying and I hope the upgrade the site soon to fix that issue promised.

Also, it seems like most of the inventory issues are with equipment. When they have an ingredient out of stock it seems to usually be back in stock in a few days.

I now order equipment elsewhere.

I think that's probably true. I generally only buy ingredients there. After reading this thread, I placed an order with Morebeer for this month's ingredients. After watching it sit "in warehouse for fulfillment" for three days, I cancelled my order and placed the order with Brewmaster's warehouse. Hopefully, the time to ship is as short for me has it has been in the past.

Update: I emailed Ed directly this morning. He responded quickly and had my order shipped out in 2 hours. He stated that they are very busy and running behind. I hope they get the kinks worked out.

Brewmasters Warehouse said:
We are catching up quickly from our backlog.

Made some good strides with an inventory system. Still some things to work out but light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks, Ed. Keep plugging away at it.

I've got to redact my previous frustrations with BMW. I placed another order with them thinking i would give them a chance when it wasn't a busy part of the year. They had my order out within 5 hours of them opening up shop that day, i ordered sunday, it was shipped monday a little after lunch. I've got to say that the price of grains, along with the fast shipping to my door (2 days) and the brew builder make the once-in-a-while twirks worth it.

I'll be keeping my business with BMW.

I see some other companies have Citra in. Their shipping rates suck for me. Any chance you guys are going to get some soon

Day 20 and still pending. I am calling and cancelling tomorrow afternoon. I have been given 3 different shipping dates and all have passed.

I am frustrated - last 3 orders have had MANY items out of stock (80% of my order). The promise of in-stock dates is not even close. Additionally, the last 2 had all the "late arriving" grain crushed, when I specifically ask for uncrushed.

I have had many quick-shipping, excellent order experiences over the last few years, but I cannot afford to take the chance anymore. BMW had been great in the past, but I am afraid I won't be taking the chance in the future.

I hope they can correct these issues. It may be growing pains.

I think that's probably true. I generally only buy ingredients there. After reading this thread, I placed an order with Morebeer for this month's ingredients. After watching it sit "in warehouse for fulfillment" for three days, I cancelled my order and placed the order with Brewmaster's warehouse. Hopefully, the time to ship is as short for me has it has been in the past.

Placed my most recent order on Thursday afternoon. It shipped the following Monday. Not the fastest they have gotten an order of mine out, but not bad for the holidays.

Been with Brewmaster's Warehouse since Sep. 09'. I've ordered many times with them and have always been happy with their customer service. I have been bitten by the inventory bug a couple of times but am confident they will work it out. I placed an order on Monday and received a shipping notification on Tuesday and it will be here on Thursday! This is also 6 days before Christmas. That's the Brewmaster's Warehouse I remember and why I continue to give them my business.

I almost always order my ingredients from Brewmaster's Warehouse. I have only had a short delay a couple of times and both times I got an email saying that one of my items was out of stock with an option to substitute or wait. Most times my order is shipped the next day.

I ordered a recipe this morning and I just got an email that it has shipped. I will get it tomorrow.

Way to go, BMW!

They have done such a great job on 99% of my orders that they are always my first option when ordering online.

Back