Brewmasters Warehouse-Slow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvolz

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I made my first order thru Brewmasters Warehouse Tuesday,and my order still says pending. I usually go thru Northern Brewer or Midwest,And have had excellent,fast service with both.So is BW just so busy they are slow getting orders out or what?Anyone else had this problem?

In my experience, they are very fast in getting the orders out. My guess is they are just busy.

I think your expectations are a bit high. These places aren't Amazon with order automation and robot picking systems. I usually give a homebrew shop 3-4 business days to get my order out.

I think your expectations are a bit high. These places aren't Amazon with order automation and robot picking systems. I usually give a homebrew shop 3-4 business days to get my order out.

Agreed especially if they are weighing and grinding your grain for you. But from my experience of ordering from them two times they have been very fast and I received my order in about 5 days.

Pending status just means it has not shipped yet. Your order will go from pending to shipped, there is nothing in between really. We finished up most of Tuesday's orders yesterday, but not quite all of them. I am sorry for the delay. Also keep an eye on your email because if something is out of stock we will send you an email letting you know what's going on. If you want more specifics about your particular order please shoot an email off to us. info at brewmasterswarehouse dot com

As a several people have already mentioned we typically ship very fast.

Thanks,

Ed

I did a Wed order and got it by Friday when I got home from work. Not a lot of shipping info, but still got to me quickly.

I placed an order with BMW on Monday morning and it was delivered to my front door on Wednesday evening.

I give them a thumbs up.

They are a bit slower than they used to be, but they have grown a ton so it's a bit to be expected. I used to order on mondays and have delivery Wednesday. Now I order Friday for Wednesday delivery. It's not a big deal. still reliable shipping and a great bunch to order from with great customer service.

My suggestion is to first contact the store and get details regarding your order before you derive any suspicions. My experiences with Ed have been sufficient.

Agreed on the quick service - aside from the holiday season all my orders have been at my door within three to four business days. Plus, IMO, they have the best crush from any online shop I've ordered from, so it's well worth the wait.

Pending status just means it has not shipped yet. Your order will go from pending to shipped, there is nothing in between really. We finished up most of Tuesday's orders yesterday, but not quite all of them. I am sorry for the delay. Also keep an eye on your email because if something is out of stock we will send you an email letting you know what's going on. If you want more specifics about your particular order please shoot an email off to us. info at brewmasterswarehouse dot com

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

Now if you would just up and move your store to NH, I'd be more than happy to help during the busy times :)

Always fast shipping with these guys and I've received calls if there was a delay, asking me if I wanted to substitute or remove the item to get stuff to me faster.

I agree that we have all become a bit spoiled by Amazon Prime. I work in distribution, and to have virtually anything you want on your doorstep in two days is ridiculous. Consider these three things; price, speed/service, and availibility. The customer gets to pick two, but the supplier gets to keep the third. 90% of my orders go through BMW, and I only go elsewhere for something special, like a pump mount from B3, or the oxygen kit from Williams that comes with the SS wand.

I think it is universally accepted that Ed has the best prices on the internet, and his shipping terms are also unbeatable. He also has every grain, yeast, hop, and piece of equipment you would ever need sitting on the shelf, waiting to ship (take a look at some of the other big suppliers, and see for yourself how much is out of stock). Following my rule above, he is already giving you the advantage of price and availibility. However, I think you can make a strong argument that his customer service is on par, if not better, than anyone else online. E-mail him with an issue, and see how quickly you get a response. I think the guy sleeps with his Blackberry.

I think it is important to remember that as the customer, you are always getting the best end of the deal; if he is so busy that it takes him an extra day to get the order shipped, so be it. If anything, it is a testiment to how much people support the company.

Joe

I placed an order last Friday for three full grain bills. Two of them were 10 gallon, one 5 gallon. The FedEx guy dropped it at my door yesterday. 5 Days to grind, pack and ship about 60 lbs of grain is hella good in my book (Not to mention 6.99 shipping!)....

If he sold milk and eggs I would never need to leave the house!

I'll echo everyone else's comments about Ed and BMW. They are my go-to for supplies. Even if it's a drop ship item from another company, I'll order from BMW because their customer service is that good. I can order on Tuesday/Wednesday and have it in time to brew on Saturday. I even forgot to order an ice pack once, and they included it anyway so my yeast wouldn't die.

Ed is the best hands down. They are the standard by which all others are measured. Yeah he's not as quick as the past but he's still the best deal around.

I do like AHS's free shipping over a hundy but I rarely place orders over a hundy so they don't see as much play from me. That plus their website isn't as fun to tool around on.

Brewbuilder is definitely an asset to Ed's site. Love that thing. It just makes putting an order together too easy without having to jump screen to screen.

+1

Also, I have been doing 2.5 gallon batches recently. Its awesome that they can take the time to give me my 4-5 different grains in a few ounce increments. My local shop doesn't weigh out ANYTHING - If I want 1 ounce of Crystal 80L, I need to spend $2 for a pound, not convenient! BMW rocks! :rockin:

Thanks,

Ed

Oh ok,thanks.I just wasnt sure why after 3 days the pending note was still there.Im not trying to bad mouth BMW,sorry if it seemed that way.Its just a little different than what Im used to.Thanks much:mug:

Oh ok,thanks.I just wasnt sure why after 2 days the pending note was still there.Im not trying to bad mouth BMW,sorry if it seemed that way.Its just a little different than what Im used to.Thanks much:mug:

No worries, I thought that was probably what it was. There is no doubt that we are different. :drunk:

On a side note as others have mentioned the shipping times for somethings are crazy. I use Amazon Prime all the time, and I love it. Unfortunately the home brew business is just not that way, at least not for us. We put more labor time into every order than Amazon probably does with any order. I have often dreamed of an automated facility that takes grain bills and just takes the bag from spot to spot with grains falling in perfectly measured, crushed, sealed up and then just falls into the proper size box with the rest of the grains. Now that would be awesome.

Ed

Like the others, I've always been incredibly satisfied with the shipping, prices, availability and customer service. My only complaint is that they don't have a store in NY!

My suggestion is to first contact the store and get details regarding your order before you derive any suspicions. My experiences with Ed have been sufficient.

Bingo! Nothing to be gained by airing your laundry here before giving the vendor a chance to explain, unless you're a competitor looking to put some dirt on your competition. :mad:

I ordered over 2 1/2 weeks ago and my order is still pending. Have sent them emails with nothing in return. I will be calling them today to see what is going on.

Good idea. And just so you know, the thread you posted on was from 3 1/2 years ago. A lot may have changed with BW since then. But 2 1/2 weeks is unusually long from them, in my experience.

I've had good experience with them thus far, though I'm having a similar issue now - ordered over a week ago and no info, still pending. Emailed them today trying to get an update. Usually they're pretty quick, I like dealing with them.

Ordered 1/12/2015, as of 1/25 the order is still "Pending". E-mailed 1/24, waiting for a response. Not ready to brew, so not really an issue...yet.

Back