BrewJacket Lid Hole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumForHire

Reaction score
I just bought my first BrewJacket off of AIH so I could use their coupon code. The unfortunate thing is that they don’t sell the lids. I don’t really want to pay to ship a lid, plus I just bought a new lid for my bucket fermenter, so I’m thinking I can maybe use a hole saw to cut a hole in the lid I have. Does anyone know the diameter that is needed?

A standard glass carboy stopper size will do it. Do you know if it included a drilled stopper? Mine arrived without it and I payed the shipping on a 3 dollar part... That sucked, but you've got to have it. I suggest you visit the brew jacket site for the info and consider purchasing the sleeves for the rod, as plain beer seems to be acidic enough to change the surface of the rod.

A standard glass carboy stopper size will do it. Do you know if it included a drilled stopper? Mine arrived without it and I payed the shipping on a 3 dollar part... That sucked, but you've got to have it. I suggest you visit the brew jacket site for the info and consider purchasing the sleeves for the rod, as plain beer seems to be acidic enough to change the surface of the rod.

I just ordered it yesterday, but the site says it includes the stopper. Hopefully, it arrives with the package.

I hadn't heard of people having problems with the rod coating having problems with the wort. I was actually considering getting some of the sleeves just to simplify sanitizing, so I can use StarSan without worry. My two questions are: 1) Does the sleeve affect the temperature since the rod isn't directly in contact with the beer? and; 2) Are the sleeves reusable? (Obviously not for sours and the like, but can I use one for 3-4 batchs of regular-old beer if I clean it and sanitize it after?) Sorry, kinda taking the thread in a different direction, but appreciate the insight!

I only recently purchased a package of sleeves, and I haven't used them yet, as far as temp, plastic is not as efficient a conductor as metal, but it shouldn't reduce the ability for heat exchange. ( might take a few more minutes than usual but nothing of consequence) As far as reusing I would weigh the cost of the sleeve against the cost of the wort... New sleeve wins, but it seems to be heavy enough to experiment with cleaning. Much will depend on how the pressure where it fits into the hole effects the sleeve.

Back