Quantcast

Brewing Weather

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

gdoyle

Reaction score
I know most of you probably aren't brewing outside but I am and it's sunny and 75* here in Jax FL! What's the brewing weather like where you are?

JohnnyO

Reaction score
It was in the mid 30s when I brewed yesterday. I brew in the garage with the door open. I was able to chill my batch in about 10 minutes. I'll take it.

hautlle

Reaction score
The high here in Wichita yesterday was 25F.

It wasn't too bad except there was some water left over in my supply hose from a previous brew day that froze while my hose was hung up. I had to bring it inside to thaw it out, so I was lugging kettles of water to the garage from inside to start the day.

finsfan

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The high here in Wichita yesterday was 25F.

It wasn't too bad except there was some water left over in my supply hose from a previous brew day that froze while my hose was hung up. I had to bring it inside to thaw it out, so I was lugging kettles of water to the garage from inside to start the day.
Its been about the same here too. I think I will brew this coming weekend despite the cold weather. Chill times should be cut in half tho :D

CA_Mouse

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It was about 40F here yesterday morning at 10am when I started my brew. It was 29F at 6am when I first went out to start and said screw this!

BrewCityBaller

Reaction score
I brewed yesterday in Northern Illinois. It was 20* and when I lit the burner for the mash, a few flurried were falling. By the time I finished cleaning up we had 3" of snow...

Reaction score
One of my favorite brew days early this year was in the middle of a snow storm. It was sort of beautiful and peaceful. I didn't even fire up the radio I just sat under my desk and watched the storm while I worked. I did get peeved when the snow started blowing sideways... into my kettle.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
Here in central CA the weather is often the best in the country but a current cold snap has us suffering in recent days at ~43f for the highs but I manned up and brewed anyway. Brrrr!

BamaProud

Reaction score
I hate cold weather. I'll wait till its at least in the 50s.

TungstenBeer

Reaction score
It was 25F on Saturday when I brewed in my garage (not attached to the house and therefore not heated whatsoever). I had an awful time keeping my mash at the appropriate temp (Igloo cooler)!

RM-MN

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have all my fermenters filled so I can't brew today which is a real shame because it is perfect weather for brewing today, temperature is -15, windchill at -28 and going to about -40.