Brewing two beers with two timeframes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heserb

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this, but as good of place as any. I currently work overseas for 9-10 weeks at a time and back home for 3 weeks. I want to brew two beers on my next trip home. I would like to do one that I can brew, ferment and get on tap in my kegerator in 10-14 days. For this I was thinking an ESB or something light similar to that. Is this the right choice?

For the second, I want to brew something that I can move to a secondary fermenter and let age 10-12 weeks and keg when I get home on the next rotation. Something that will benefit from the added aging. I normally do 7-10 days primary and the 10-14 days in a secondary for clarity. Any suggestions?

I appreciate any and all suggestions for either brew.

Thanks,
Brandon

I've made a somewhat darker ale and left it in the fermenter (no secondary) for 9 weeks and it came out good. Make sure the airlock is full before you leave. I like stouts that get left longer than the normal 3-4 weeks but I get anxious to empty my fermenter and don't leave them that long.

Thanks all. Currently I’m leaning Kolsch for the short turn around. Also, my wife has been begging for a chai porter. Maybe this is the time?

Back