Brewing today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's it! Except the diptube is different now- it's that cool "lock" stuff. So, I can turn the diptube away from the center and whirlpool and not suck up so much trub. For leaf hops, I'll have to use a bag because they'll definitely clog up the diptube.

Cool. I took a pic yesterday and got busy with company and forgot to post it but I think what I was referring to will work for you. I will post it when I get home today. Do you know where POL got that cool lock tubing?

Cool. I took a pic yesterday and got busy with company and forgot to post it but I think what I was referring to will work for you. I will post it when I get home today. Do you know where POL got that cool lock tubing?

McMaster Carr

1/2" ID Loc Line

Please let me know how you like it! (I'm sure you'll love it, but I need to convince Bob that more money into my brew rig is a good idea!).

It was great. 5 gallons to 62F in one pass with 45F ground water. Took me a bit to get the pump primed, but that's because hops clogged my dip tube. Next brew toy will be a hop bag.

Here's how I keep mine off the bottom when I need to. When I don't (If I don't use the false bottom) the little copper wires just swing out of the way and I plop it down all the way to the bottom. Quick and easy, practical and useful.

You can't really tell from this picture, but the coils are suspended about 3 inches off of the bottom of the keggle.

Back