Brewing Programs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arctic_z

Reaction score
Hey All,
This is my first time posting here. I've been brewing for about 9 months now. I've done 7 batches all Partial Grain w/ extract. I really love this hobby. I've done a lot of ready. Trying to learn what I can. I'm now at the point that I want to go all grain. I now how it's done for the most part. I want to really experiment with my own recipes. So what I need to know is which program do you use and does it work for you. I've downloaded several and haven't been to happy with them. These programs are Beer Smith, Home Brew, My Brew Collection, Home brew Calculator. They are all very limited. Some are only for keeping recipes. They don't help you figure things out like ibu's, srm, ect. They don't list products like AA's of Hops or Lovibond of malts. I'm looking at Pro Mash. Looks simple enough to use and more of what I'm looking for. Then I saw Beer Tools in "Brew Your Own". But I can't get much info on it. It doesn't look like there is a free trial version to download. I can't see what it is about. Any info on this would be very helpful. I only want to buy 1 time and it seems like I keep striking out on all these other programs. Maybe there is something out there that is even better than these. Please Help. Thanks :mug:

Promash is what I use and love. Here on the board you may want to look into the Software Forum. Welcome aboard

Spend more time with your software learning it. After spending more time with Beer Smith I can see why people love it so much. SO much I have no idea about yet.

To be honest I can't see why you would find BeerSmith limited, I've only found a few little things that I think could be changed but all up I think it's great, has made my brewing life a lot easier. But this is just my opinion.

I think the beertools website is supposed to be the 'trial' for beertools pro

beersmith does everything you mentioned in your post. spend the time familiarizing yourself with the program. it works great for everyone on here that uses it. promash is also pretty pouplar and everyone who uses it seems to like it just fine, although i found the interface a little clunky. haven't tryed beer tools pro, but heard good things.

Thanks All. I know Beer Smith does these things and of all the programs I listed I should not have put that one in this category. Its just confusing. Maybe your right and I just need to keep working at it to learn it. I just thought Pro Mash looked simpler. Anyways thanks for your input.

Back