Brewing My First Beer, a Red Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights40

Reaction score
Tonight's the night! I'm finally getting started on something that I hope will become a hobby I enjoy for a very long time. I have spent a lot of time reading all the beginner stuff on here and tips on here, as well as reading some parts of books and watching some videos, so I'll see how much I really know when I get started.

I will post updates of how everything goes, which hopefully will be all good things! I'm very excited to eventually RDWHAHB :mug:

Red Ale was my first batch as well. Brewers Best?? Good luck and have fun. Try to be patient and not rush it. I think I rushed my first batch a bit. Unless your kegging, don't expect to have a very tasty beer for 6 weeks or so

i also rushed my first batch. i waited for it to finish fermenting, and it went straight to the bottles. About 7 days. Its been in the bottles for 2 weeks on saturday. Its came a long way since bottling. I cant wait to try it at week 3! It was also a red ale, a True Brew Kit.

Yes, it's Brewer's Best. Quick question, when adding the aroma hops do I stir or just let it boil for a bit more?

Aroma hops can go in 1-5 minutes prior to turning off the heat for the kettle. You can also put them in at "flame-out" (where you turn off the heat for the boil). The later you put in the aroma hops, the more aroma and less flavor you get. Don't get me wrong, you'll still get flavor, but it'll be less the later you put it in.

Back