Quantcast

Brewing in this cold weather is...

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Bulls Beers

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Great!!It's been in the 30's and 40's outside, my ambient temp is around 66. I love it. I don't have to stress with the heat. I also don't need a waterbath and put frozen water bottles in it every 4 hours. I don't know how you guys do it with that warm weather year round..We have another 5-6 months of great brewing weather.. I gotta get brewing...:D

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Bulls Beers said:
Great!!It's been in the 30's and 40's outside, my ambient temp is around 66. I love it. I don't have to stress with the heat. I also don't need a waterbath and put frozen water bottles in it every 4 hours. I don't know how you guys do it with that warm weather year round..We have another 5-6 months of great brewing weather.. I gotta get brewing...:D
And no flies either...

I got 12 months of perfect brewing weather...constant 68-72 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. :D

Me_Brewing.jpg

bradsul

Flyfisherman/brewer
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I hate that I can't mash outside anymore. I'm an apartment dweller so I have to mash in my kitchen once the cold weather arrives. Which means carrying various full pots of near boiling liquid in and out to the burner.

boo boo

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of cold weather but do enjoy it for brewing purposes. I find my wort
cools to lager pitching temps (50f) a lot faster this time of the year.

Yesterday got to 50f in 25 minutes with a 3/8 30 ft IC.

I hate the part of moving hot wort also, so I now have a pump. I just need to work it into my system.