Brewing Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iggy_fenton

Reaction score
Anyone else ever run into a "dry" spell where due to money/time or lack thereof, you had to let your brew equipment gather dust for a period of time while you ached in silent pain until you could fire things up again? I'm in that place right now. It is a sad and lonely place.....:(

I have felt your pain before. But thankfully, like any dark and lonely place, there is a light at the end. Plus you have lots of time to plan out your next batches!:) Also, just think of all the equipment you DON'T have to clean right now!

I'm stuck in a small apartment right now, no room ro brew. I tried brewing up a few batches and they were all sub-par (no room for proper temperature regulations), so I'm taking a break until I (hopefully) buy a house withing the next month. Then in comes a separate brew house for me out back, fridge, and a couple more carboys!

I'm looking forward to it!

I spent a bunch of money buying equipment, and Christmas, and property taxes, and I have to go to California for my sisters wedding. So I can't afford to spend a dime on ingredients.

I even have a Wyeast cider pack in the fridge, but don't want to waste the $20 on apple juice until my first two batches mature enough for me to decide if I like them, or which one is worth brewing again.

I can't wait for my Fat Tire clone to get done in the secondary, but it will be a sad day because for the first time my primary and secondary will be empty at the same time. :(

I feel you man. I have been putting things off hoping for some warmer weather. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. =/

I'll go for a couple months without brewing, then do multiple batches. I haven't been brewing in the summer, since I moved to Oregon, but with the new kegger online, I'll use the old one for fermentation. About time to make 2-3 summer beers.

Back