Quantcast

Brewing at Rahr

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

dj_van_gilder

Reaction score
I can barely believe it myself but I got a job as a brewing assistant at Rahr and Sons brewery in Fort Worth Texas!

:ban:

Hooray for free home-brew ingredients.

:tank:

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Congrats! That is awesome! If I ever get back down to Ft. Worth, I plan to stop in there. I used to live in Benbrook, but that was 27 years ago. Last time I was in Ft. Worth was 1991!

Gotta stop at Massey's for CFS and Benito's on Magnolia for Mexican.:cross: :)

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats on the job. You realize that now you're going to have to give us regular updates on how cool it is to work in a brewery, right?

RIGHT?!?! :D

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Nice...can you get me an Ugly Pug tap handle? I'll pay for it, just can't find them anywhere...

I think one of the guys went to TCU, right??

OP
D

dj_van_gilder

Reaction score
Kilted Brewer said:
Nice...can you get me an Ugly Pug tap handle? I'll pay for it, just can't find them anywhere...

I think one of the guys went to TCU, right??
I'm not sure but I'll see what I can do. I haven't even worked my first day yet so I don't really know what they have avalible.

As for TCU I'm not sure there either.

cragus

Reaction score
That's really cool. We like to go there sometimes on Saturdays 1-3 for the free tastings. Four free fresh real beers is a good deal!

OP
D

dj_van_gilder

Reaction score
cragus said:
That's really cool. We like to go there sometimes on Saturdays 1-3 for the free tastings. Four free fresh real beers is a good deal!
It sure is. I hear the place packs it on on Saturdays too.
I wish I could check it out sometime but I work at my other job at TI on Saturday.

sflcowboy78

Reaction score
yes they do pack it in on Saturdays as i type this i am waiting for swmbo to finish getting ready so we can go. as for the person looking for the ugly pug tap handle they do sell theme there when i am there today i will find out the price and let you know. if you want on we can make arrangements. BTW i volunteer there on the back dock on Saturdays.

Hopleaf

Reaction score
Nice! Wife and I came down from Little Elm for a tour/tasting just a few months ago!

sflcowboy78

Reaction score
Kilted brewer they do sell the tap handles they are $15 each. If you want one pm me and we can make arrangements.