Brewing a Witbier partial mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneoffcustom

Reaction score
Hello to all.

I am new to brewing hobby, I started out doing some wine, and did two batches. After making the wine I discovered I really didn't care for wine. I then switched my sights to beer, cause god knows I love it.

On my first two beer brews I did 1 gallon extract kits from northern brewer. I did a caribou slobber (currently 1 week in bottle), and german blonde (currently 1 week in fermentation). After doing these two 1 gallon kits I was able to free up one of my three gallon carboys to do another. For this one I chose to go to my local brew store and ask the owner to help me make up a witbier kit. After talking for an hour and gathering up ingredients I was on my way home to brew.
The brew process took 3 hours total with sanitizing included. The og I was shooting for was 1.048, and I actually got 1.052. I decided that was close enough and put in carboy for fermentation to begin. Here are some pics.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395504220.081737.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1395504240.226429.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1395504251.629350.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1395504262.212114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's chamomile your looking at. It's the spices that go in at end of boil. Chamomile, bitter orange peel, coriander, paradise seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back