Brewing 4th batch in 20 minutes. Need some advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMitten

Reaction score
So I went to the Brew Shop and told them I wanted something like new castle but not as light and with a more flavor. He suggested some molasses, which he forgot to give me, and some malto-dextrin.

So I'm about to start this thing, and i just wanted a little more flavor out of it. Is there anything around the house I could use?

Thanks!

2oz british crystal malt
2oz british chocolate malt
1oz blackmalt.

All I have is honey. What would that do to it>?

Honey would dry out the end product and impart no noticeable flavor. dark brown sugar would provide more flavor or you could go to any grocery and get molasses and go that route. I have also experimented with adding cocoa powder to the boil which adds a slight chocolaty and coffee flavor to the beer with out affecting the gravity. if you have any in your pantry try throwing in 2 to 3 Tbsp with about 10 minutes left in the boil, the benefits are surprising.
Let me know how it all turn out.

Honey would dry out the end product and impart no noticeable flavor. dark brown sugar would provide more flavor or you could go to any grocery and get molasses and go that route. I have also experimented with adding cocoa powder to the boil which adds a slight chocolaty and coffee flavor to the beer with out affecting the gravity. if you have any in your pantry try throwing in 2 to 3 Tbsp with about 10 minutes left in the boil, the benefits are surprising.
Let me know how it all turn out.

Im going with the cocoa. Thanks!

Back