• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Mexico Brewhemoth stainless conical 22 gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a current picture. The sample port tri clover ferrule was added by a professional sanitary welder. The dump port and racking port are sanitary welded threaded fittings with ball valves installed. I will include an adapter to convert the 1-1/4 dump to a tri clover. You would just have to buy the valve to attach it.

View attachment 1468547758414.jpg

Albuquerque? I don't need this... But man!

How do you control temps in this beast?

Yes albuquerque. Its an amazing fermenter. I currently use a upright freezer with a temperature controller. My plan was to eventually build a glycol system with an ic coil.. haven't tested it though.

Dang, i would have loved know about this last week when I stayed in Albuquerque on my way home to SoCal. Nice fermenter and nice beer scene in Albuquerque. We went to Marble, la Cumbre, Canteen.

Aw sorry, I have family in sd could probably get it to you if you're interested..

Dang, i would have loved know about this last week when I stayed in Albuquerque on my way home to SoCal. Nice fermenter and nice beer scene in Albuquerque. We went to Marble, la Cumbre, Canteen.

I can vouch for him as I traded his other one to him here in SD a little while back. I've seen two of those same ones pop up on craigslist within the last 6 months, nothing too recently though. They are great fermenters if you are brewing bigger batches. I cut back to 5-10 gallon batches though.

Questions:
How is the racking port/arm configured on the interior?
Is the NPT for the racking port MPT or FPT?
Is the dump tri clover that you are offering 2"? Is it MPT or FPT?
Is the "T" on the sample port included?
I'm more thinking of it as a possible bright tank...

The racking port its just a 1/2" mpt nipple welded on the cone. There isn't actually a racking arm but there are companies that sell them or something custom could be built. The dump tri clover is 1-1/2 with a fpt on the other side that threads on to the 1-1/4" mpt nipple welded to the bottom of the cone. I wasn't going to include the t-sampling valve it would have a tri clover cap and clamp. Although that is negotiable since I can buy another sample valve for around 20-30$

From the bottom of the dump valve to the top of if cap is about 39" the legs can be adjusted to a few different positions to change the height from the valve to ground.

I guess what I really wanted to know is what is the overall height at its lowest position.

Oh.. well let me look into it... the legs could be drilled out to basically put the valve on the ground if you wanted.. I would say 40" clearance is doable if you don't use the bottom valve..

Double checked and you can get it down to 37" if the dump valve is removed and replaced with the tri clover adapter and a cap. The legs could be flipped over or you could drill holes to drop it down.

Thank you for answering all of my questions. My refer unit has exactly 35.5" clearance so it wont work for me. I was certainly hopeful...

Back