BrewFlasher - Windows/MacOS app for flashing ESP8266/ESP32 Brewing Projects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Stov54

Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting the TiltBridge - NETA - D32_Pro_TFT - v 1.1.1-Beta - TFT firmware working? It fails at the Downloading SPIFFS/LittleFS file... step for me with an error about being unable to download the firmware.
Thanks!

OP
OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just released version 1.4 of BrewFlasher on GitHub.

This release rolls back the version of esptool used for flashing ESP32 devices in order to fix an issue that prevented BrewFlasher from working with certain Lolin D32 Pro boards.

This release is recommended for all users (but especially those with v1.3.0 who plan on flashing D32 Pro or other non-4MB devices!)

Watchout

Reaction score
I can't get any Brewflasher version since 1.0 x64 to start under Windows 11. I've tried v1.2 and latest 1.4 and neither one will startup, no splash screen, no error messages, can't find anything in the Windows event logs. Any ideas? BTW, v1.0 works fine and I was able to flash my hardware with the 1.1.1 firmware. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get any Brewflasher version since 1.0 x64 to start under Windows 11. I've tried v1.2 and latest 1.4 and neither one will startup, no splash screen, no error messages, can't find anything in the Windows event logs. Any ideas? BTW, v1.0 works fine and I was able to flash my hardware with the 1.1.1 firmware. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it works for me. :(

Someone on GitHub reported the same symptoms, but I was assuming the issue was caused by Microsoft Smart Screen based on issues I've had with it in the past. That still may be the issue, though -- If you go into Windows Security, then Virus & Threat Protection, and then Protection History, do you see anything?

Watchout

Reaction score
That was my first thought as well, but there is nothing in the Protection History. I've tried running as an Admin and do get the "allow to make changes" UAC prompt, but still nothing happens after allowing it to run. I guess the question is, what do the newer versions do that is different, before showing the splash screen?