BrewFather Equipment Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeSection

Reaction score
I currently use BS3 and BS3 mobile. On another thread, several HBT members mentioned they liked BrewFather over BS3. I looked at BrewFather back in March briefly and now have decided to use it along with BS3 to see how it compares. Currently, I see BS3 has a more extensive water profile database that actually gives suggested additions based upon your starting water profile.

I am planning on brewing tomorrow and I am having a problem matching my BS3 equipment profile with one I'm setting up on BrewFather. While everything is the same (boil off rate, losses) and the pre-boil, batch volume going into the fermenter and the bottling volumes are the same, the starting water volume is lower on BrewFather. The difference is exactly the "fermenter loss". In my case, that is .93 gallons.

So, how can everything be the same in both equipment profiles EXCEPT the starting volume of water?

Back