Brewery Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegades_Brew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So SWMBO and I are planning our honeymoon as a brewery tour tour leaving from our place in Chicagoland and going through these breweries not in this order:

Great Lakes Brewing Co., Cleveland, OH

Southern Tier Brewery, Lakewood, NY

DogFish Brewery, Milton, DE

Twin Lakes Brewery, Greenville, DE

Victory Brewing Co., Downingtown, PA

Yuengling Brewing Co, Pottsville, PA

Troegs Brewing Company, Hershey, PA

Appalachian Brewing Company, Harrisburg, PA

Three Floyds, Munster, IN

What I am looking for is any other great breweries or brew pubs in the vicinities of this line of breweries to add to the list.

Any and all help is appreciated.

You'll be going right by Dover, DE on your way to DFH. Fordham/Dominion is a fun tour.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

While your in Cleveland, check out Market Garden, Fat Heads, and Nano brew. Market Garden and Nano brew are within a few blocks of Great Lakes.

Fat Heads production brewery is about 20 minutes from Great Lakes, but is only open Wednesday-Sunday. They also have a brewpub, which is about 25 minutes from Great Lakes, but they are open 7 days a week. The food at Fat Heads brew pub is awesome. I have yet to have a bad meal, or beer.

A couple places Pittsburgh to give a shot:

East End Brewing Company (tours aren't weekly, but great tour, I enjoy their beers)
Rivertowne Brewing Company (Tours on Saturday, good tour, I enjoy their beers)
Penn Brewery (1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, haven't had their beer in awhile)
Church Brew Works (Good food, not sure if they have tours, beers are ok)

So SWMBO and I are planning our honeymoon as a brewery tour tour leaving from our place in Chicagoland and going through these breweries not in this order:

Great Lakes Brewing Co., Cleveland, OH

Southern Tier Brewery, Lakewood, NY

DogFish Brewery, Milton, DE

Twin Lakes Brewery, Greenville, DE

Victory Brewing Co., Downingtown, PA

Yuengling Brewing Co, Pottsville, PA

Troegs Brewing Company, Hershey, PA

Appalachian Brewing Company, Harrisburg, PA

Three Floyds, Munster, IN

What I am looking for is any other great breweries or brew pubs in the vicinities of this line of breweries to add to the list.

Any and all help is appreciated.

A few more hours south and you can come to Virginia to visit Starr Hill, Devil's Backbone, Wildwolf, Blue Mountain Brewery, Apocolypse Ale Works just to mention a few.

http://www.virginia.org/craftbeer/

Search out Indigo Imp in Cleveland. Very small tasting room right in the brewery. Very cool place tucked back in some mills.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Home Brew mobile app

In the PA area I would definitely check out Weyerbacher.

edit: Couple other tips from my brew trip planning. If you haven't already check the states your heading through, or even certain regions and see if they have a brewers association or beer trail of some sort. Many times you can find a nice map of nearby breweries this way. Also a hit or miss way of finding is to zoom in on a region of google maps and type brewery. I have actually found a good number of breweries I wouldn't have known existed otherwise this way. Good luck, sounds like an awesome trip.

Here is a directory of maps from Mid Atlantic Brewing News that might help you as well, not the easiest to look at but contain a bunch of info. Not sure how up to date they are. http://www.brewingnews.com/webpdfs/MABN/

Wife and i did the exact same thing except in golden boulder and fort collins colorado. Have to throw my choice for Tired Hands brewing in Ardmore PA out there. Best beer around period.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back