Brewery per state statistics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggor

Reaction score
Hey all,
Can anybody point me to a good website that tracks statistics to how many breweries are in each state. I looked at pubquest.com but I am more looking towards something that give total numbers.

Gregg

this is sort of close to what you're looking for

6bf25a8dc147b3f91bcae9202d2bb591db4.png

Thanks A4J that is exactly what I was looking for. You can enter your state and it gives stats for how many breweries, brupubs, etc. are in the state.

Sucks to be from the south
Sucks more to not know how to interpret that data ;). Montana for example is colored in the darkest shade. Using the link Edwort posted, MT has 27 breweries/brewpubs/etc, and and additional 1 in planning. Texas on the other hand is colored the lightest shade, but has 38 breweries (one on the list closed) and an additional 12 in planning. Texas also has 1 or 2 Miller breweries, the Shiner brewery, and at least 1 other miller/coors brewery I've passed on random highways that aren't on that website; therefore winning in terms of volume. Of course MT has a great brewery to people ratio, since only 4 people and some sheep live there :D.

Well, it also kind of sucks to live in Oregon where there are brewpubs everywhere, that is, only if your dream is to open a brewpub...

Sucks to be from the south

I'm just glad I live in Tampa where 3 of Florida's 7 seven listed breweries are located and there's another opening soon - Cigar City Brewing. Plus we have at least 4 brewpubs within 30 minutes that I can think of and plenty of fantastic beer bars including several more opening in the next year. I think we're the beer mecca of the South.

Hmmm...beer mecca, I guess that's kind of an oxymoron, huh? Oh well, here's to beer.

:mug:

Right on CGengo - talk to us in February about how bad it sucks to live in the South!!

Sucks more to not know how to interpret that data ;). Montana for example is colored in the darkest shade. Using the link Edwort posted, MT has 27 breweries/brewpubs/etc, and and additional 1 in planning. Texas on the other hand is colored the lightest shade, but has 38 breweries (one on the list closed) and an additional 12 in planning. Texas also has 1 or 2 Miller breweries, the Shiner brewery, and at least 1 other miller/coors brewery I've passed on random highways that aren't on that website; therefore winning in terms of volume. Of course MT has a great brewery to people ratio, since only 4 people and some sheep live there :D.

any brewery stastics that dont include bridgeport brewing company in oregon are bound to be off becuase its one of the biggest in the state. but anyways 20 listed breweries and 80+ brew pubs listed in oregon.

It's not the quantity, it's the quality here in the south :) Hence the reason I live 10 minutes from foothills brewery :-D

If anyone is interested in number of breweries/brewpubs per state the top five are

1. California
2. Colorado
3. Washington
4. Oregon
5. Michigan

I think I am going to need to find a different dream job
Don't give up the dream. You just need to find a way to make your place different from the others. They have topless steakhouses you know...hint hint....

Back