Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm calling my pale ale Water Bear, for three reasons. First, I told my girlfriend I'd name my first successful brew after her, and Bear is my pet name for her. Second, my dad's old sailboat was named Water Bear. Third, the insect-like creatures called Water Bears have always just blown my mind. They can remain in suspended animation for hundreds of years - they can even survive the vacuum of space. I figure a resilient name leads to a resilient beer - or was it the other way around? :drunk:

Mine is Summer Fly Brewery, a buddy of mine has horses in his back yard and one summer afternoon while boiling up a mash we fought all afternoon to keep flies out of it, one or two may have gotten through, but that day Summer Fly was born!

I am heavily tattooed on both arms.
I still want to get some tatau done on my legs, if possible the whole Polynesian fishermans leg suit.
Tatau rhymes with the English pronunciation of brau.

Not too complicated really.

Tatau Bräu.

After jokes about the gastrointestinal distress that my homebrew causes, we settled on a name.

Forty Paces Brewery. (May be a local slang, but one who is very loose of bowel can easlily 'sh** thru the eye of a needle at 40 paces'.)

For my 1st customized recipe (actually a prehopped kit + modifications), I did a roasted oatmeal chocolate stout... that we dubbed... 'Burns on the Whey' Stout. Of course, another gastro reference....

If any of this is unoriginal or used already, have no worries, as we are going nowhere with this homebrewing thing. (besides detox, that is).

Ahhh potty humour.... the lowest common denominator. :)

After jokes about the gastrointestinal distress that my homebrew causes, we settled on a name.

Forty Paces Brewery. (May be a local slang, but one who is very loose of bowel can easlily 'sh** thru the eye of a needle at 40 paces'.)

I immediately figured "never be more than 40 paces away from a toilet".

I went back and forth with this actually. my first logo had the mirror image of the hand. What I settled on was the hand looks like an imprint, in say concrete or getting your fingerprint done. So you're seeing the left hand from the top.

But half my friends see a right hand and half my friends and wife see a left hand. Either way I need to get a new version so there is no question

Ever heard of these guys? http://www.lefthandbrewing.com/ based in Longmont, CO - (they make real good beer). Your different enough not to worry, but thought you'd be interested.

I have been thinking about this for a while. I have two boys under two and I guess the statement "2 under 2" is pretty common among the insane people who undertake this craziness. Some people actually do it on purpose!!! ;)

So I am thinking about 2under2 brewing. Just need a logo. . .

I can't think of a name to save my life. So help me out guys.

My last name is Pointer

I'm half Irish

I love IPAs

I'm a die hard Detroit Lions fan (seriously I have a problem)

So any combo of those would be great. Suggestions please.

P.S.- I was thinking of Malt-Ease Falcon B.C.

My last name is Pointer

I'm half Irish

I love IPAs

What's the other half? lol..

How about
Irish Lion pointer or simply, Lion Pointer or Irish lion.
Detroit lucky.
Lucky pointer
half lucky (lucky half)

I like where your mind is going. I like the Lion idea because I love the old retro Detroit Lions logo and think it would make a GREAT Beer label.

Detroit-Lions-Retro-Logo.aspx

My last name is Pointer

I'm half Irish

I love IPAs

Pathetic Brewery ;)

But nah seriously, Luck of the Beer
Lucky Pointer
McPointer
O'Pointer
Patty O'Fern Itcher.....sorry i had to.

I've given this some thought and am undecided. Any opinions are encouraged

1. Bayshire Brewery (Brewery started on Bayshire Rd.)
2. The Dirty Dachsunds Brew Werks (Own 2 dachsunds)
3. BrewCraft Brew Werks (Craft brew backwords, and love the game Starcraft)

I'm leaning towards The Dirty Dachsunds or BrewCraft.

I'm leaning

Thinking of going with "Old South Brewing Company". I'm from south Mississippi, close to NOLA. First batch is gonna be Voodoo Pale Ale, followed by a Freebird IPA (ala Skynrd), then maybe Big Chief IPA after the Choctaws.
What do you think?

Still working on a Brewery name. Was going to go with Aqua Regia. I'm a chemist, and aqua regia is a mixture of of hydrochloric acid and nitric acid used to dissolve certain metals. It literally translates to 'Royal Water' or "Water of the King", something to that effect.

My wife the business lady says it doesn't have that catchy mass appeal - so I've decided that once I nail down a good Barleywine recipe, I will call it Aqua Regia Barleywine.

New to brewing and have thrown a few names around..but i'm leaning towards S.O.B. brewing.."swill of Bill"...I think I can have fun with it and it rolls off the tongue..lol..

Jughead Brewing be my name. My friends have given me **** for having a large cranium my whole life, I answer to the name "Head", "Big Fu@$ing head" etc. I thought Jughead was appropriate, and I googled jughead brewing and couldn't find anything, wanted to be original. My friends of course think it's hilarious and flip me **** every chance possible.

Ya he was the Archie friend, I'm workin on a few logos where I cut out the "Jughead" lettering from a comic book. :rockin:

That's awesome to know. I actually used photoshop to cut out the lettering on a "jughead" comic, ya they gave him his own. I'll try and post a photo on this thread.

I could swear there use to be a font called jughead but I couldn't find it? I'm sure it was a free font too? oh well ;)

jughead_brewingmug.jpg

Did this work? my 1st picture posting. I know it's kinda rough, but this was my self taught jump into photoshop. If the need arises I'll change it up and make it look more pro. But it was fun to do. It was a Chuck Norris cartoon, that I cut-up and the lettering is from a "Jughead" comic.

Pretentious Beer Snob Brewery

I take almost nothing seriously to any real degree and have no compunctions about mocking those who take anything (including beer) too seriously. So in a small effort to deflate the egos of many a homebrewer, I decided on this name and a "F*ck you I won't do what you tell me!" motto and mentality. :)

I was thinking about this last night and decided to name my brewery after me... Not because I'm full of myself but because I've never been able to come up with a decent name.
So I'm calling my brewery: "Richard's Home Brewery"
Pretty clever eh???

Nothing like a hand full of Dick's Home Brew after a long, hard day at work... :mug: ;)

sorry couldn't resist...

Broken Lung Brewery

When I was a sophomore in college I had 3 surgeries to correct 6 collapsed lungs. Now (3.5 years later) my friends still call me lung hole and talk about my broken lungs all the time.

The brewery name came from that, I have yet to even attempt a logo.

Broken Lung Brewery

When I was a sophomore in college I had 3 surgeries to correct 6 collapsed lungs. Now (3.5 years later) my friends still call me lung hole and talk about my broken lungs all the time.

The brewery name came from that, I have yet to even attempt a logo.

Damn you got 6 lungs?

WildWood Brew Shop.

Yep....street name we live on and I brew in the garage...soon to be shop.
The wrench is props to my heritage.....I come from a looooong line of grease monkeys.

Back