Brewery name help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styles

Reaction score
Alright, so I've been struggling with a name for my brewery..... and hoping for some help!
I've managed a couple of brew names, but I'd really like to "theme" my brewery and the subsequent brews. My first 2 brews are "Smashed Legend Lager" - named (and labelled with a pic) for my Honda Legend that I totalled when I was younger and stupider. My second was "Fatboy Stout" just because of the link between "Fat" and "Stout" of course that label features a Harley Fatboy on it. These aside I really haven't had any ideas. I thought of "Styles Brewery" but that just doesn't really have a ring to it. So far the front runner is "Youngs Rd Brewery"- the street I live on, but that's just not that exciting either. I am sort of getting a feeling of cars, aircraft, bikes and boats being possible themes, just 'cos I'm into that stuff. Cars would fit well because I do my brewing in the garage too......
Some other things I'm into are diving, camping, cycling, food, beer and wine! As for favourite beer styles, I'd always stuck with lagers (Beck's, Stella, Heineken etc) when I was younger, and was introduced (at a reasonably young age) to Belgian beers through a chain of Belgian Beer Cafes here in Auckland, but more recently I've been getting into some darks & IPA's but I suspect that I may start to develop a leaning towards traditional ales and bitters though....... that said I had a Doppelbock in the weekend that really charmed me (even thought it was a large brewery's "niche" company). Of course, something with my surname (Leckie) could also be good.
Any help would be appreciated, please just post anything you come up with, no matter how crazy! Cheers! :mug:

wine-o-more. I don't know why but i had rocko's modern life on the brain....Zealot is a cool word. Kinda sounds like new zealand

Liking Zealot, that could lead to a range of related brews, Fanatic, Unhinged etc......

Maybe something like Rasputin's Imperial Stout with a pic of the mad monk on the label. At least it's better than the Jim Jones' ESB I know, sick humour. Regards, GF

It sounds like you are into a lot of "active" activities. I would build off of the "Youngs Rd" and try and keep the beer names in line to all the stupid/dumb/ignorant/brave/foolish things we do when we are young, or when we are first engaging in an activity. Try and capture the initial excitement, where we don't pay attention to every saftey rule we just heard from the guys that claim to "know better"

I.e. you crashed your bike.

Some possible lame ideas, "Rock the boat Porter", "BEAR cave camping Ale".

Or include funny tag lines with your beers: Young's Bicycle Lager - "Look Ma, no hands!",
Young's Very Robust Porter - "Who needs eyebrows?" (guy cooking on the grill?)

Anyways, that's what I got. I'm having the same trouble, but I don't do all those cool things you do. :)

Lickety-Split!

Sounds vaguely like your surname, and has overtones of excitement, danger, and pretentiousness. Gwarn!

Wicked, thanks for the help guys! These are great ideas! Really getting the creative thoughts going! I've also been looking at anagrams, and had some interesting ones..... a couple I thought of was "1 Fathom brewing" being that at 6'2" I'm pretty much dead on 1 fathom tall..... or really simply "hand made beer". As for the Leckie Brewery one, could be a go, I have visions of pirates on the labels, "Me Leckie me beer, Arrrrr!"... haha, Black Beard Stout! Cheers Picasso, those are some cool ideas.... liking the young theme... maybe "young and dumb brewery"!

Pirate Joke: Pirate walks into a bar. Bartender looks at him and says: you know, you have a steering wheel on your penis. Pirate says: Arrrgghh, it's driving me nuts!

Well, I think I've cracked it, with inspiration from the Missus. "Two Hands Brewery" is born! Long story, but basically on one of our first dates we went to an ice bar (where everything is made of ice) and were told on entry to use two hands to pick up the glasses, which were also made of ice. Well, after the bar dude made us our drinks I went to pick up my glass (or should that be ice?), with one had of course, which promptly slips out of my hand and spills drink all over the bar. Cue dirty looks from bar tender, and my partner and her 2 friends crying "Two Hands, Mike"......
Now I'm just not sure how to tie in my beer names with the brewery name.... perhaps I won't at all..... if anyone's got any suggestions, that'd be good.....
Thanks for the help everyone, really got me thinking!

Back