brewery name - again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brewery name?

• Una Mas Cervezaria

• Dos Mas Cervezaria

• Ralph Nadar Anti-Brewery

• Those names blow, keep looking loser!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I never have settled on a name for my brewery, but yesterday I had an idea and thought I would run it by all of you. I will do it via a poll.

Which do you prefer?

sorry but I chose those names blow . . . just not digging the spanish, sorry:eek:
I sort of have a thing with spanish, but like "1 More brewery"

I don't LOVE either of them, but of the two, Una Mas sounds better IMHO.

Honestly, you have such an awesome set up, it seems like an equally sweet name is in order. I think it should include something to do with your profession too, since that's fairly unusual for a brewer.

Brewpastor said:
How about:

Sin Boldly Brewing

or, "Boldly Sin! Brewing" (better flow, I think).

I'm concurring with the group that not of the poll choices really seems to reflect the BrewPastor that we all know and love.

Sin Boldly is a quote from Martin Luther back in the Reformation. The complete phrase is "Sin boldly that grace may abound." It has been a guiding phrase for me for years.

What about Ecumenical Brewing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenical_Movement
The word ecumenism (also oecumenism, œcumenism) is derived from Greek οἰκουμένη (oikoumene), which means "the inhabited world", and was historically used with specific reference to the Roman Empire. The word is used predominantly by and with reference to Christian Churches and denominations separated by doctrine, history and practice.

In its broadest meaning, ecumenism refers to initiatives aimed at worldwide religious unity. It is understood in this sense in the Baha'i vision that advocates a greater shared spirituality across Christian, Jewish and Islamic faiths as part of its core beliefs.

In a narrower and more common sense, ecumenism refers to the movement towards co-operation among Christians. For some people, ecumenism is based on the idea that there should be a single Christian Church, but normally it refers to Christians of different Christian denominations working together. Thus ecumenism in reality is usually just the promotion of co-operation and better understanding between religious groups or denominations, without aiming at unity.

Brewpastor said:
Sin Boldly is a quote from Martin Luther back in the Reformation. The complete phrase is "Sin boldly that grace may abound." It has been a guiding phrase for me for years.

Then that's your answer right there. It sounds good, it has context, and it has a personal meaning to you. That's what the name should be.

Or, steal back the Rio Grande name - use force if necessary :D

Brewpastor said:

imho, the Dos mas reminds me of Dos Equis. I do use some Spanish names for some of my brews however. Una mas isn't doing it for me :(

How about Shepard's Crook Brewing.

zoebisch01 said:
imho, the Dos mas reminds me of Dos Equis. I do use some Spanish names for some of my brews however. Una mas isn't doing it for me :(

How about Shepard's Crook Brewing.

Maybe "the Crooked Shepherd Brewery".

Back