Brewery keeps getting bigger !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boar Beer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It all started 2 years ago when my son gave me some of his extract home brew and got me to go all grain with him.
We got a 15 gallon brew kettle and two Rubbermaid coolers and made 5 - 10 gallon all grain batches. That was great but we got sick of boiling over the 15 gallon kettle and got a 20 gallon one. Now we could make 15 gallon batches. mmmmm good stuff and lots of it. Every weekend, well almost we missed a couple for family reasons you know Thanksgiving and Christmas the usual ones.
Converted the 15 gallon kettle into a nice HLT Now we are expanding again to a 55 gallon Blichmann boil kettle with 10,000 watts and a 44 gallon HLT and a soon to come 44 gallon Mash Tun. Nothing fits in the brew room so it all comes apart and gets reinstalled before we run out of beer.

Is this a Hobie or am I addicted? I told my SYMBO that because we won a home brew award that it was a Sport.

100_1639.jpg

100_1642.jpg

100_1640.jpg

How is this a problem!? you are bonding with your son! all fathers/sons should be so lucky. btw, super jealous of your setup... one day i will have an AG setup and a beer sculpture and ... well the list goes on.

It all started 2 years ago when my son gave me some of his extract home brew and got me to go all grain with him.
We got a 15 gallon brew kettle and two Rubbermaid coolers and made 5 - 10 gallon all grain batches. That was great but we got sick of boiling over the 15 gallon kettle and got a 20 gallon one. Now we could make 15 gallon batches. mmmmm good stuff and lots of it. Every weekend, well almost we missed a couple for family reasons you know Thanksgiving and Christmas the usual ones.
Converted the 15 gallon kettle into a nice HLT Now we are expanding again to a 55 gallon Blichmann boil kettle with 10,000 watts and a 44 gallon HLT and a soon to come 44 gallon Mash Tun. Nothing fits in the brew room so it all comes apart and gets reinstalled before we run out of beer.

Is this a Hobie or am I addicted? I told my SYMBO that because we won a home brew award that it was a Sport.

Man, since these pictures were taking in 2003 I can't imagine what your brewery looks like now ;)

I think you should be proud..... You and your son share a hobby/sport (lol).... Not everyone can say that..... It's hard not to keep adding on. There's always a new toy/gadget/project/upgrade to do.....

I think it's both, which makes it even better. My father and I used to (I moved for a few years, but moving home for a few months due to work) head to car shows nearly every weekend during the summers, and loved every minute of it. We won a couple awards, but just spending the time together is 100% worth it, and we really enjoy the hell out of it. Unfortunately restoring cars isn't the cheapest hobby, but the end result is 100% worth it :D

I'm hoping that my dad will at least hang out with me once I brew at home, and maybe we will be able to have a second hobby together. There's nothing better than enjoying a hobby with a great friend, especially if it's your father/son.

Back