Brewer's Gold Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwomp313

Reaction score
My wife's uncle gave me his entire hop harvest this year which is awesome!!! He had 2 plants; 1 cascade and 1 brewer's gold. I've used cascade a million times and love it. Brewer's Gold on the other hand, I've never used and don't know much about. I've now inherited one metric asston of that variety and don't know what to do with it. I've read that it's mainly a bittering hop, but I have so much that I'm really hoping I can do more with it. I don't brew as much as I'd like to as I've got a very full schedule right now. Any ideas?

Brew as much as you can as quickly as you can, share some with brewing friends, once they dry out some, sell them to neighborhood kids as weed?

I've never used them as whole hops before, but I have used brewer's gold pellets as the bittering addition in a belgian tripel and a saison. I have heard they can give a black currant like flavor and I would agree based on my brews. They both turned out well, so I can't complain.

Back