Brewers Edge first use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanKent

Reaction score
I moved from BIAB to all electric system. First brew with Brewers Edge and Wanted to whirlpool with built in pump..but inlet on bottom of kettle clogged (I assume). I used a hop spider and added 3 oz of hops prior to turning on pump. Could not transfer with pump either. What can I do to prevent this ? Thanks...

I’d question the mesh size on the hop spider. Maybe use bags. Not much else you can do.

An extreme would be to drill it and add a larger port. I’m not a fan of that option though.

I moved from BIAB to all electric system. First brew with Brewers Edge and Wanted to whirlpool with built in pump..but inlet on bottom of kettle clogged (I assume). I used a hop spider and added 3 oz of hops prior to turning on pump. Could not transfer with pump either. What can I do to prevent this ? Thanks...
I too brew with the mash and boil and the pump wouldnt really be good at whirlpooling. I do the poor mans whirlpool using a brew spoon haha.

Back