Brewers Buddy Kickstarter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlurryEyed

Reaction score
So I've been doing BIAB for a while now, but have been wanting to step up to a gravity fed system.

I recently stumbled across Brewers Buddy on Facebook and bought into their Kickstarter at $245 shipped for a 3-tier gravity stand with burners.

http://brewersbuddy.com/

It can be converted to a singe-tiered system if desired with a kit.

So far the only draw back I can see is that there is no burner on the Mash Tun. Could be an easy fix - but what do other's think? I thought it was a good buy for under $250 if the Kickstarter succeeds.

brewers_buddy_propane_burner_platform.jpg

Add at least $50 for the gas regulator and lines to the burners. What size pots? I doesn't look like there is room for anything bigger.

The middle step seems to be set up for a cooler type mash tun. Thus, no burner. If you at one that is another $50+

IMO, When you add the extras you are at an average buy.

I built a 3 tier wooden sculpture with 2 burners. About $100 total.

interesting....I couldn't see where it said what size pots it would hold. it looks slim.

Looks pretty good. . But I have to say it looks an awful lot like my brew rig from king kooker
20160322_155043_zpshgzcvzfc.jpg

Hilarious! I was going to say that it looks like they took the $130 King Kooker 94/90TKD (I use it too) modified it slightly to be a 3-tier, ditched the jet burner and replaced it with a BG10.

Looks awesome but I wonder if it is a small and declining market. isn't the trend to electric heat and single tier with pumps?

Yeah I'm really not trying to rain on anyone's parade....
Just saying for another 100-120 dollars on top of my king kooler set up ( which I'll admit could use some improvements ) I could probably do a little more

IMO, When you add the extras you are at an average buy.

I built a 3 tier wooden sculpture with 2 burners. About $100 total.

I'd prefer a steel/metal sculpture. Wood get's stained, dirty, warped, etc. But true - I know a 3 tier brewing setup can be done for less...

But at $245 shipped? I dunno - its cutting it close to DIY.

The $299 MSRP may not compete with some DIY setups sure...but I have no welding experience nor do I know any.

I mean, the boil kettle doesn't even centered on the burner. are they simply taking an existing product and reconfiguring it? this doesn't seem custom engineered to me.

I mean, the boil kettle doesn't even centered on the burner. are they simply taking an existing product and reconfiguring it? this doesn't seem custom engineered to me.

I swear this is the King Kooker cart mentioned before, just modified a little bit to make it a 3-tier.

I originally bought the King Kooker cart and modified it myself to make a 3-tier, but last October I switched things around and turned it into a single-tier, single-pump build.

Thanks LMGTFY! Somehow I'm inclined to think this is not the current trend and gravity systems are certainly still very much alive and well.

Too funny. Of course they are alive and well. But I don't see the Brewers who have moved thru this phase lining up to go back. Just seemed funny to me for this to be Kickstarter campaign; kind of like a wood stove Kickstarter. The owner of a local homebrew store and I were taking last month about the significant move from propane to electric he is seeing. But yes, of course there are still many garage propane guys and gals out there...
Seriously though, for the person who can put something like this together this can work. I wish them the best of luck.

IDK. It still doesn't look like you are getting much for the money. As noted the bottom kettle isn't even centered on the burner.

And look at those cheap light duty plastic wheels.......

brauneister, Colorado brewing, brew easy, zymatic, Grainfather

brauneister: 1100-2250 Euros
Colorado Brewing Nano Brewer - $1400
Brew easy - $1900-2500
Zymatic - $1800
Grain Father - $900

With the exception of the Grainfather which is very limited in brewing capacity, these systems are a separate class of homebrewing that the average homebrewer is going to scoff at.

At an MSRP of $300 + HLT, MLT, Kettle, and fermenter - this system is very affordable, especially if you've already got that stuff.

Sorry - but until electric brewing systems reach sub $500 levels, then gravity/pump systems are still "in".

I should mention that I am in no way affiliated with the Brewers Buddy company, just the average homebrewer here.

Based on their facebook posts, this deal is supposed to be even sweeter if funded...caster wheels were mentioned...

brauneister, Colorado brewing, brew easy, zymatic, Grainfather

brauneister: 1100-2250 Euros
Colorado Brewing Nano Brewer - $1400
Brew easy - $1900-2500
Zymatic - $1800
Grain Father - $900

With the exception of the Grainfather which is very limited in brewing capacity, these systems are a separate class of homebrewing that the average homebrewer is going to scoff at.

At an MSRP of $300 + HLT, MLT, Kettle, and fermenter - this system is very affordable, especially if you've already got that stuff.

Sorry - but until electric brewing systems reach sub $500 levels, then gravity/pump systems are still "in".

Those systems include everything you need to brew. This 3 tier setup doesn't include any vessels or lines. Those 3 spike kettles cost that they show in the picture are probably $800 with all the accessories. Additionally the electric setups allow for automated mash temperature control and can step mash.

IMO the 3 tier system pictured looks pretty cheap since the boil kettle doesn't fit on the system properly.

Those systems include everything you need to brew. This 3 tier setup doesn't include any vessels or lines. Those 3 spike kettles cost that they show in the picture are probably $800 with all the accessories. Additionally the electric setups allow for automated mash temperature control and can step mash.

IMO the 3 tier system pictured looks pretty cheap since the boil kettle doesn't fit on the system properly.

You're right but as I suggested perhaps folks already have some equipment and are just looking for a nice pre-fab brew sculpture. The King Kooker requires some modifications for a 3 tier configuration. Can you show me another prefabbed sculpture in the same price range? My market research suggests they may have a niche here.

You're right but as I suggested perhaps folks already have some equipment and are just looking for a nice pre-fab brew sculpture. The King Kooker requires some modifications for a 3 tier configuration. Can you show me another prefabbed sculpture in the same price range? My market research suggests they may have a niche here.

So $800+300 is 1100, still less than an electric setup with 10gal capacities

Early bird pricing is back! $240 shipped... Get in while you still can. Also, they have an announcement tomorrow regarding their latest revisions with rumors of improved wheels and accommodations for keggles

Kickstarter backer's should expect their stands the week of May 20th - HOPEFULLY!

Here's the latest pic with all the upgrades:
homepage_pic_1.jpg

Back