Brewers Block

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, my updated system is about ready to go. And I have NO idea what to brew.

I know some styles I want on tap but I can't seem to make up my mind what to brew for the inaugural brew. I mean I'm in the mood for some styles now, but buy the time they are drinkable I might be in the mood for something else!

This is like the brewing equivalent to writers block. Brewers Block?

I'm also low in the pipeline so that factor has been nagging at me as well. Do I brew the beers that take 8 weeks or do I brew something else that's quicker?

Perplexed.

I sort of get a brewer's block once in a while. I get the urge to brew as much as I get the hankering for a particular beer perhaps. Those times I usually just brew an easy wheat beer that is drinkable in a short time and doesn't cost too much.

I just enjoy the brewing some times more than the beer.

I find brewers block is a great time to go back to any tried and true recipe. I flip through beersmith, write down all the ones that I made notation to brew again, and just pick one. No matter what your in the mood for, you know you'll like the beer.

Brew a Ginger beer... have you tried Granville Island's seasonal one yet? Pretty damn good, though I'm probably going to go a little heavier on the ginger (Me likes it spicy!)

I second bradsul's recommendation. First it will get the pipeline flowing again and second the ingredients are cheap so if you need to troubleshoot or adapt your process for your new rig it won't cost a lot.

GT

Hmm.. yeah, might brew a roggebier, but first brew the recirculatin system (update form the 3'tier) and a high wheat/rye content. Oh hell, I like living dangerously.

Then a pils then some sort of belgian. OK, Desicion made. :)

As for the GI ginger beer. I haven't seen it here yet, then again I haven't bought a store bought beer since I started brewing again. Wonder what the malt bill is like on that one?

Thanks guys. Sometimes you jsut need to pick something.

Back