Brewer's Best Robust Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD25

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to homebrewing and have a kit to make the Brewer's Best Robust Porter. Any changes I should make to the recipe supplied in the kit to make a better, more flavorful beer?

Thanks in advance.

JD

Go with what you have. I wouldn't start messing with the kits until you become more familiar and comfortable with your process.

:tank:

Maybe another 4 ounces of chocolate malt and another 8 ounces of crystal, but it looks ok as-is. I'm firmly in the camp of making a kit as you buy it & modifying it on the next round. I buy clone kits so I can enjoy a beer that isn't available locally, so I rarely make changes.

I agree with the others, use the kit as intended. After you get one under your belt and or refine your process after a few times, you can start modding them.

I just used a Brewers Best Red Ale and dropped rasberries in for several days and it's tasteing pretty good going into secondary.

I kid you not, the wife of a buddy in my brew club went crazy over my porter. He is an awesome brewer, mostly all grain and I love what he makes. She just had to know my porter recipe, it was like the 8th brew I ever made, and I sheepishly told them "Well, it's just a BB kit". Just make it as is and modify down the road.

Back